Thursday, February 21, 2008

Give a Dog a Bone




Asher loves dogs. 'Dion' was one of his first words, and he asks about him and chants his name throughout the day. He also loves his 'puppy,' a stuffed beany-baby type dog he drags around and sleeps with sometimes. Last night Dion left his bone in his dog bed, and Asher instantly took notice of this. He made sure we brought the bone downstairs with us, and I just assumed we were taking it to Dion...it is, after all his bone. Oops, I was wrong.


I tried to have him give it to Dion, and he started crying and wailing, "puppy, puppy!" I let Asher hang on to it and he went immediately to find his puppy to give him the bone. This is a yucky, gnawed on, much-loved-by-Dion bone that gets buried almost daily. Ewww.
So, I have come to the realization that little girls have their dolls, and little boys have their puppies. Forget baby bottles; here at our house we are dealing in bones.




Ah, look how happy he is!





P.S. We visited a place called HOOTS...a kids jumper place. Asher braved the huge slide all by himself. Climb, slide, repeat a bunch of times. I went down with him a couple of times myself, and it was a very steep and fast slide...yikes! He couldn't get enough. Check out his sliding fun.


The ascent.




The thrilling ride down.


4 comments:

Stephen and Effie said...

Really cute Michelle. Yes I am trying to be better about updating my blog. I just got through editing a whole bunch of pics, so I should have some to post for awhile. I love the kid jump places, so fun

Danna said...

Oh my goodness, that video is hillarious. My favorite part is I DID IT! That's great. Thanks for sharing

Silly Teacher said...

where is hoots?

brianna saban said...

i still can't get over how BRAVE and FEARLESS your lil asher is!
he was amazing to watch.
he scampered up that slide like it was nothing...meanwhile i was out of breath for 10 minutes after one attempt up that thing!

that was such a fun playdate.

i love the dog bone entry.
maybe you have a future vet on your hands?

~b