Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nine Years and Counting...



I know it sounds cliche, but wow, time really does fly by! I can't believe we have been married close to a decade, and that we've known each other for close to 12 years (yes, in Mormon time we dated for FOREVER).

I remember when I met Corey, and how instantly drawn I was to him, and how we harassed each other (flirting?) during our first few encounters. He is the charismatic, funny, smart, loyal, and loving man I hoped I would one day find.

I love his contagious smile. I love that he values family time (much) more than work time. I love that he sings ALL the time and never knows the right lyrics. I love that he enjoys shopping. I love how he can help me see the light when I am being ridiculous and irrational (come on, I'm a female). I love how he makes me laugh. I love how he makes Asher's day just by coming home. I love how he supports me completely in whatever I want to pursue. I love that he sets goals for himself, and achieves them. I love what a devoted father he is to Asher. I love that he loves me.

He is a keeper.

And here is a little flashback to May 8, 1999...funny how we haven't changed at all!!! hehehehe


Then...







Hawaiian honeymooners.



Ticket stub from first date, and a goofy old pic while we were dating.

Now...













Happy Anniversary Corey! I love you:)

13 comments:

jkroper said...

haha its weird to see corey with hair now.. but its so true about when you said he sings all the time, i can just picture him singing to himself and then humming half of it ha..happy anniversary!!! :) i love you guys!!

Danna said...

happy anniversary! 9 years...wow. Good for you two! You compliment each other well! Love you both

Stephen and Effie said...

Very cute Michelle, Corey really is handsom without hair. I was graduating from high school in June of 1999!!!! You really are an old timer....he he hee

* said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Ty and I were married on May 1, 1999 so we just had our 9th also. We are all so old! I really can't believe how fast it has gone. We all need to plan something big for our 10 year...better get started we only have a year!

Pamela said...

You guys are such a great couple! The pictures are great!

jen said...

Hey Michelle! I've been snooping in on your blog for quite some time now. Your little boy is such a cutie pie! It's good to hear from ya!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That was so sweet!! Happy Anniversay!! He sounds like a great guy. I hope you had a very happy mothers day too!!

Liz said...

I love all the wedding pictures!! We dated for a long mormon time too, LOL! Happy Happy Anniversary you two!!

Bella said...

hahahah When I saw those pics, I can't remember Corn dog with hair! He looks so much like Asher in those pics! Anyways, Happy Anniversary!

Alisha Joy said...

Totally tearing up! Love the old picks. Congrats you two.

brianna saban said...

oh my gosh...my eyes are all teary.
michelle- you are the sweetest girl.
and i'm so glad that corey is worthy of such a gal as you.
you seem like a perfect match.

happy anniversary mi amiga!

~bri

Anonymous said...

Hey (used to be) neighbor. . .I think Corey looks so much better without hair! I hope that I didn't make an ass of myself at Morgan's party. Demerol and alcohol~not a good mix! I had fun though! We should get Rory and Asher together!

Tannie Smith said...

Awwww, that is so sweet! We just had our 9 year and still haven't posted anything. I guess I better get on the ball.