Friday, December 11, 2009

Santa's a coming...



It is feeling like Christmastime! This is all thanks to a decorated tree, Christmas cards in the mail, a Spiced Wassail candle, some Christmas tunes, a daily advent calendar (Asher lives to open the little boxes), broken Christmas canes found in random places, and a trip to the mall to visit Santa. I am so glad it seems like Christmastime. There have been years when the holiday gets here, and I feel like I missed the whole month and with it the feeling that this season evokes. The magic, the giving, the fun! I hate it when I miss it, so I am trying to really embrace it. Kids make Christmas what it is, in every way. I am convinced of that. And my two little guys are having some fun.




I took some pictures yesterday of the two of them near the tree, and it was just funny. I was trying to get a perfect picture, which seemed (and was) unlikely. Except that the imperfect ones are my favorites, so that's okay by me!

We also made a trip to the mall to visit Santa. Asher insisted that Beckett go first, which at first came across as a sweet and generous gesture of brotherly love, until we realized he was petrified of Mr. Clause. Corey sat him on Santa's knee, and had to pry him off his coat. We were dangerously close to a picture of Asher with Santa, crying his head off, at nearly 4 years old! As it is, the picture we did bring home was pretty close to what was really going on. I don't think Asher said even one word to the Big Man, he just couldn't wait to get out of there. Beckett thought Santa was mesmerizing. He just stared and stared. Blame it on the bright white beard, I say...who grows a beard these days? Santa does look pretty cool.




Christmas is a coming!


P.S. And, yes, Beckett's skin is looking a litte orange. Too much squash? I swear it's not a tan!

3 comments:

Danna said...

haha. It's ok, he has the baby food tan :) I am going to have to invest in an advent calendar next year. They look like so much fun! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks :)

Becky said...

Such cuties! I need to take Ella to see Santa (even though she doesn't really know!)

Stephen and Effie said...

Cute Michelle. I too am grateful for kids at Christmas, this is our first Christmas with just our little family