Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Corey

Yep, another year. I have officially decided that we are not getting older, just younger at heart. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? And it's so true. I find it so odd that as I've gotten older, I feel the same (even if sometimes my body doesn't...ie back pain, etc, grrrr). Weird.



Corey is now another year older, and the birthday extravaganza has begun. Asher started asking me yesterday if "Daddy has a birthday hat", which he didn't. Asher then told me we needed to make one, to which I said okay, even if I don't know how to make one. We sort of figured it out. Asher painted, colored, drew and wrote 'Happy Birthday', and I did my best to make a cone shape. It is TOTALLY home-made, but it's the thought that counts! And Asher was pretty excited about it. I think we should call it the birthday dunce hat. Asher also insisted on some party decor, so we blew up some balloons and hung a banner, and he was happy. Phew!





Corey had requested Polynesian Spare Ribs and an ice cream cake for the b-day party fare. The cake was fun to make! It's actually more of an ice cream pie, but it turned out great. Yum. We tried to put Beck to bed, but he'd already seen the cake and started bawling when he realized he was going to miss out. SO, we plopped him down in his seat and let him make a disaster of himself. He ate every last drop and smeared whatever he couldn't lick up all over himself. A lovely little mess.



Aaron, Meagan and the girls came over to celebrate with us and hang it. The kids played and had a good time tossing balloons all over, and the adults chatted it up. Aaron, Ash and Corey played a little soccer in the backyard with Corey's new Brasil Futbol(thanks Aaron -n-Meagan)...prepping themselves for the big World Cup no doubt. Fun times!



Happy Birthday Corey....I'm SO glad you were born! Love you:)

2 comments:

Danna said...

His birthday hat is awesome! It gave Ryan and I a good laugh :) And your ice cream pie looks amazing! Recipe?

Liz said...

I agree, the hat is amazing!!