Sunday, August 29, 2010

Preschool!



Asher had a first this past week...His first day of Preschool. He's been talking about going to preschool for a couple of years now so he was excited to finally go! I was very anxious and nervous myself, which is ridiculous, but I think that the Open House was as much for me as it was for him. I still have some reservations, but I'm thinking they'll work themselves out. Asher just jumped right in, playing with a group of kids, climbing up to the class library, and playing on the playground. He seems to really be enjoying it. My little man is growing up way too fast for my liking. Life is so unfair!

That being said, I must admit that I was super duper productive the two and a half hours he was gone. On the way home I put some gas in the car, put Beck down for a much needed nap, put in two loads of laundry and cleaned all the bathrooms.


After picking Ash up, we headed to the library, and I told him I had a surprise for him. When we pulled into McDonald's I think he actually felt like the luckiest kid in the world. He was jumping for joy, feet off the ground, shouting for joy. Seriously, he loves the place, and they even had the Happy Meals in the boxes this time, which I think they should always have because they are classic, and they have that big smile on the side! The kids were itching to play in the PlayPlace(the world's most disgusting germ-infested environment), which, of course, I let them do, after they ate. Happy kids=happy mamma.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Danna said...

What a big boy! I can't believe he is in preschool already . . .