Sunday, December 5, 2010

Halloween




We had a fun, candy filled Halloween week this year. The original plan was to simply hit up the ward Trunk-or-Treat and be done with the candy extravaganza for our kids. Honestly, how much candy do they really need(even with me and Corey eating half of it for them)? In the end, though, we went to not only the Trunk-or-Treat, but the Mall near our house, and the kids went Trick-or-Treating up our street. Too. Much. Candy. We had such a ridiculous stash by Halloween Night that we wound up giving handfuls away, and started digging into the kids to get rid of some of the extreme excess. The kids had a blast though. Asher was a serious trick-or-treater this year, rushing from house to house. He totally gets it...the faster you go, the more you get. Beckett was catching on quick too, watching his big bro in action. I wish I'd had a video camera with me to catch the cute-as-can-be toddler walk in his adorable lion costume. It was one of those pictures in your mind you never want to forget. This year I actually got to go and see it all. I decided I was tired of missing all the cute things they do at the door and hearing about it when they come home. So, we closed up shop at the house until we came back. Too bad, trick-or-treaters, I want to see my boys in action! It was totally worth it, and I'm not missing another year!


A couple of days before Halloween, we carved up our pumpkins. This year I tackled a wolf(lobo!), Asher carved his first jack-o-lantern(I have always been too scared to let him use anything remotely sharp), and Corey started on an Owl, but he didn't realize there was an order to it all until it was too late:) We let Beck play with some pumpkin goop instead of doing a pumpkin, which he did find amusing(but you'd never know it by this picture).




Me and Cor were lame, lame, lame and didn't dress up. But the boys were so adorable, I think they made up for our Halloween neglect. Ash was a tiger, and Beck was a lion. We even painted up Asher's face for the Trunk-or-Treat, and it turned out great! He sat very still so I could do it and was really proud of his official lion look. The boys were too cute, and had a great time throughout the week(Asher had even hit a Halloween party!). Grandma and Grandpa Reitz came Trick-or-Treating with us at home and at the mall too! Asher has discovered what Halloween is all about, and has fully embraced it(I think he was already asking when we get to go again). And Beck has discovered his love for suckers, which he has also embraced.

Fun, fun times.





1 comment:

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

So cute! I love your cute boys!