Thursday, March 28, 2013

Quick Change Artist




Our Beckett loves to change.  Not just his clothes, but his whole persona.  The next thing you know, he is bounding down the stairs dressed as a super hero. Or a fuzzy tiger.  Or a pirate.  Or a cowboy.  Every character he plays has a special way to walk and talk, whether it's flying around the room in true Superman fashion, growling like a hungry Lion, or saying YE-HAW, he gives it his all. If he sees me coming with a camera, he doesn't just smile, he strikes a pose fitting to his 'character.' Occasionally, he sports his chosen get-up on a trip to the grocery store.  I mean, really, what am I going to do, say no?  No way, I say.  They're only little for so long and this is the fun stuff.  This is the stuff you remember when they're 15 and driving you crazy.  You close your eyes and wish they'd reappear as a cute, fluffy elephant, age 4, smiling and happy, right?.  At least that's what I'm guessing, so I'm letting this quick change artist play all he wants because there are years and years left of wearing all that other stuff, right?


1 comment:

Pamela said...

I LOVE it! There is nothing better than a kid with a great imagination and he sure does have a good one. Good for you for letting him dress up when he wants to, you will miss it when he no longer does!