Sunday, October 6, 2013

School Boy!

Beckett had his first day of preschool...finally (his feelings, not mine). He has been beyond excited to begin preschool, and when Asher started school two weeks before he did, he was downright mad. Really.  He couldn't understand how his school wasn't starting on the same day, and was counting down the days until he was a school kid too.  It's been so good for him and so fun!  He comes home from school telling me about his new friends, and how he dug a really deep hole during 'recess',  that he likes to play in the house, and how someone brought b-day cupcakes with rings in them and he ended up with a pink one instead of his favorite color blue (he was really mad, because "pink is for girls!").  My favorite thing he likes to do is to have 'jobs'.  At preschool, they give the kids responsibilities, ie clean-up manager.  He played clean-up manager at home the other day and vacuumed, and swept the floors, then did a little dusting, and still wanted some more jobs to do.  The biggest shocker?  He actually did a great job!  The little guy was checking his own work and would circle back around with the vacuum to catch any missed specks on the floor. Um, thank you, preschool teachers.  My efforts for the past few years were eclipsed in a couple of weeks by his preschool experience.  Wow. 


Beck is such a little smarty pants, reading, writing (ie. trtl= turtle), drawing.  He's so excited to learn new things.  Today in the car he said to me, "mom, right now I'm studying plants."  He still loves to dress up and really get into character (see pic below...ALL his idea), and his imagination is amazing.  He loves to build and create new things (also, see pic below of weaponry ala Beckett).  Things are never dull, and he asks me to play with him all the time.  In the past couple of weeks, I've been a princess, Sonic,  April from TMNT and a warrior. Keep it up little buddy. 

For the record, the first day of preschool was a killer for me.  I was so sad driving off, and when I looked back and saw two empty car seats, the tears took over.  I even accidentally showed up early to pick him up.  I could've sworn I had the time right but I was a half hour early.  I do actually enjoy running errands, and trying to clean the house all on my own, but at the same time, I miss having a little buddy:(  Maybe preschool is for me too.  Baby steps.





No comments: