Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Week 2014


The boys had the entire week off from school this week!  I would normally have tried to get out and do fun things, but in my cautious pregnant state, I felt it best to take a more mellow route and we stayed around the house and had some fun instead.  The boys grocery shopped with me, played the Wii, read books, and played outside, played Star Wars and played Harry Potter. It sort of seemed like summertime only colder!

We were lucky enough to have TWO Thanksgiving dinners in a row this year.  Our friends, the Kingston's had us over for a delish dinner on Wednesday night before they headed out of town for the weekend, and then we had Thanksgiving at our place with Meagan and the girls on Thursday (Aaron had to work...boo).  The food was great, thanks to Corey, Meagan and myself and of course we indulged in the obligatory Thanksgiving stuffing of ourselves, talked, and hung out until we could fit a little pie in too.  The kids played their hearts out too.  Great day!  This year I am thankful for so many things....my husband and boys, our home, family and friends, health, a new baby coming (hopefully not too) soon, my faith in Christ, and a good life.  There are too many things to name, but my heart is full of thanks for so many things!

Thursday morning, Corey and the boys headed out to our annual 5k run.  They ended up doing great, with Corey taking 4th place in his age group, and Asher taking 3rd (although actually 2nd place due to a mostly jogging stroller propelled Beckett taking 2nd place, thus bumping him up to his actual place).  GREAT job boys!


As far as Black Friday goes, we are not really participants, except for online shopping, in which we are well practiced!  Corey scored a couple of items, and I perused a bit, and am excited to say that I am almost 100% finished Christmas shopping, whew! With only a few weeks til Christmas, I want to be sure to enjoy the rest of the month to the fullest.  We put up our tree, and stockings on Friday too, and we are ready to go for the holidays this year!  All we need is a little snow (which most people here would lynch me for saying) and everything will be perfect!  Let the Christmas music play and bring on the month of December!

No comments: