Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy Birthday Beckett!


February will henceforth and forever be a busy birthday month for our family.  Dawson was barely born on his own day, leaving the 8th all to Beck.  B admitted to us that he was a little disappointed that the baby wasn't born on his birthday.  He thought that would have been so cool to share a birthday!  Because of all the birth craziness, Beckett's birthday was definitely unique this year! 

His big day fell on a Sunday, and after church Corey and the boys came by the hospital for a visit.  It was a big highlight for me and the boys were absolutely adorable with their new baby brother.  They brought along most of his presents so I could see him open some, and decided that later that night we'd give it a go on Facetime so I could sort of be there for his party.  Amazingly, it WORKED!  We had a great internet connection through the whole thing and I felt like I was there...almost;) Thanks to modern technology and a little luck with the hospital internet, I was able to sing Happy Birthday to my 6 year old from a hospital bed downtown.  It was awesome!  Corey was once again Super Dad (to the rescue!).  He put up some fun Pokemon decorations around the house, helped the boys with homemade pizzas (Beckett's choice), made a chocolate cake with homemade frosting and sprinkles, and even took a few pics. I had some cake after I was home and it was really good.  I mean so good that we ate it all.  YUM!  It was a cute, fun birthday and although I was SO sad that I couldn't physically be there, it was a great birthday for him! Among other fun things, Beckett received a new bike!  He seemed excited about it, but is reluctant about riding.  We tried a little last year and he was getting it, but it's been so long now that he's not sure, but he loved the bike, ha!  Beck did see the training wheels in Coreys's trunk...the training wheels that we will not be putting on the bike.  Whoops!

Happy 6th Birthday to a super smart, funny, spunky and loving boy.  We would be so bored without this amazing boy in our lives.  We sure do love you buddy.   




No comments: