Monday, June 22, 2020

Father's Day and other goings on






Summertime!  It's warm enough now that the pool feels like a hot springs or a giant hot tub.  Night swimming is divine.  I'm gonna be totally honest here...I never ever wanted a pool, and even asked Cor if filling it in was a possibility when we moved in.  Obviously he told his crazy wife that no, filling it in would not in fact be a good idea. Each year we've been here, summertime has been a little better with the pool, and especially now that Dawson is a killer swimmer.  But this year, the pool is worth it's weight in gold.  We always have something fun to do outside, and the kids love it.  Corey and Asher even came up with a new game this past week, which is surprisingly fun and exhausting!  And Beckett is even doing swim lessons for Dawson a few days a week so our little buddy can learn some strokes.  By the way, a 5 year old doing free style or back stroke down the length of the pool is adorable.



Friday morning we hit the skate park so Asher could kick some soccer balls around and Daws and Beck could scooter around the ramps. They had fun, and then afterwards we hit Chik Fil A.  It made for a fun morning.  Anything to mix things up is a bright spot!

Corey and I did an impromptu date night on Saturday night.  We rode our bikes for a bit, right up 'Booty Hill' aka the volcano cliffs (I did it without stopping this time!  Yay!  And I about died, but that's ok), then went to Sprouts for some quick shopping and then home for a night swim while the boys watched Thor.  Date nights are so different than in the old days, but we had a wonderful time and I'm loving this way too.

Father's Day was nice.  I made Corey and the boys raspberry rolls for breakfast (Cor's pick) with eggs, bacon, and fruit.  So yummy.  This is the year it was Dawson's turn to give Corey a 'My Daddy' book.  I made it up a few weeks back and turned out so cute.  Dawson was beyond excited to give it to him.  The big boys helped me pick out a soccer jersey too.  Corey picked a team in the Premier League to root for (Wolverhampton) so we had to make him legit.  We actually gave him the jersey a day early because they all watched a fun Wolverhampton game on tv, and we thought it'd be cool if he was supporting his team in style.  


Corey and I did something cool for the boys, who, of course will be future fathers!  Ever since we've been buckled down with Corey working from home, he has taken to wearing Hawaiian shirts on Monday.  Throughout this past year, with Beckett home on Mondays, we started doing 'Mac and Cheese Mondays.'  Well, with Corey's shirt crossing over into mac n cheese territory, Dawson started calling his Hawaiian shirts "Mac n Cheese Monday shirts."  It totally cracks me up.  So, we just had to get one of those for each boy.  They look awesome.  And now all the boys can sport their Mac n Cheese Monday shirts together.   

 Overall, we had good food and a nice relaxing day with Corey.  He's a keeper...it's funny how when you get married you really don't know what kind of father your husband will be...I mean, I didn't really know what kind of mom I would be!  He's amazing and takes care of us all in every way.  Love that guy.  We both talked to our dads, who are also amazing.  I know I feel like I hit the jackpot in the dad department.  He is loving, generous, faithful, kind and fun too.  I just wish we could all hang out and bbq together on this celebratory day!  Happy Father's Day!❤

No comments: