Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July, Family Fun



A day off in the middle of the week with the family is certainly a treat. We enjoyed our 4th of July here in Albuquerque, and it was a hot one! We started the day off at the ward breakfast at the park. We had some great burritos and Asher had a great time letting us chase him all over. Corey had to buy some fireworks (is it some unwritten rule of the male species that to play with fire= masculinity??), but sadly, the wind was CRAZY, so we still have a bunch to play with this weekend. We did decide to keep Asher up late so we could watch some bigger fireworks, so we drove to a good vantage point and watched the show. Asher thought everything except the fireworks were interesting, so I guess we have a couple years until he changes his mind. Ah, kids.


I think Independence Day is wonderful, especially at this time when we have so many fighting for the freedoms all of us want to maintain. So many have and will continue to sacrifice for the opportunities we love and take advantage of. What a great heritage and what a wonderful country we live in. God Bless America!!


Asher decided his Alligator (from G-pa Reitz)
makes a great pillow, poor little fella!

8 comments:

Bella said...

Oh my gosh I love this pic! I love when they wipe themselves out and fall asleep! Miss you guys!

Alisha Joy said...

boys and their fireworks . . . I will never understand the obsession. Jed does fireworks for every occasion imaginable. My kids are like. . . "oh fireworks again . . ."

Misty said...

Hello Michelle, it's Misty! Do you remember me? Hehehe. I just love that I stumbled upon Jon's myspace and then Bella's blog and then your's and Cory's. It's amazing. I'm trying to keep up a blog these days and take care of my kiddos. I see your beautiful boy. Oh my, he's a cutie. Are you guys still around ABQ? Take care.
Misty

brianna saban said...

that last pic just melted my heart.

i love little asher(s)!!!!!!


~bri

C Merry said...

awww 'gator pillow, so amazingly cute :)
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment.
:)
TLLT

Alisha Joy said...

Test. trying to get a photo with my comments. I see you figured it out. Checking to see if this works.

Silly Teacher said...

Hi Michelle! I just saw that you left a comment on my blog and I have been meaning to say hi! Sounds like you are all doing great. I would love to see you sometime! Jenn Anderson (llegue)

Silly Teacher said...

also, how stupid am I? It didn't occur to me that you have a blog so I didn't find you until today! How old is your guy. He is a cutie! Sounds like COrey is busy. Jerry is also studying (CPA) ugh will it ever end! Rachel DeBuck has my #, we should get together!