Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Revenge of the Thanksgiving Day Influenza


Our little cutie crunching the leaves.

We were looking forward to lots of good food with Corey's family this Thanksgiving holiday. What we didn't factor in was a case of the flu that would knock us all out! Our little family had this particular virus the week prior to everyone coming to visit. Asher was sick for 9 whole days, and I thought I'd beaten it myself when it reared its nasty head right after I came home from work the week before Thanksgiving. NOT a fun experience, ...but the flu never is. Corey never officially came down with it, although he did claim feeling weak to his stomach (sympathy pains??). So, when the family came to visit we gave them fair warning, and they took heed and stayed with Aaron and Meagan for a few days. We were feeling better and the house had been sufficiently (or so I thought) cleaned and doused in Lysol. We figured we were free and clear of this vicious bug.

Thanksgiving day arrived and we were cooking and getting ready for the big meal (which did turn out pretty good in the end I must say). By the time we ate at 2:30, we were down by one: Claudia was sick and suffering upstairs. By 8 pm that evening we were down by two: Adam didn't quite make it home from his buddy's house without an unfortunate incident while driving back to our place. We though Rick had been spared, after all he'd had his flu shot, right? By Friday at 7 pm we were hurrying home from a restaurant: Rick would soon be down for the count too. Corey's poor dad had to travel home to Georgia (flying/driving) the next morning feeling TERRIBLE. I honestly don't know how he did it because I didn't even want to move when I was sick.

So there you have it. Our holiday was ravaged by a microscopic virus. Needless to say, pictures were at a minimum, as opportunities were slimmer than usual, just another of the casualties of our Thanksgiving. Our deepest apologies go out to our poor unsuspecting guests. I only hope Corey's parents will still let us come visit for Christmas, we will need another visit to redeem ourselves! We love you guys and really hope you are all doing better.


Corey and Adam.


Grandma Reitz and Asher(stealing yet another cell phone).


Grandpa Reitz showing Asher his new laptop.


Aaron and Meagan. (By the way, they'd already had that nasty flu about a month ago, and so were spared). Congrats on the new house you guys! It's beautiful!


I hope all of you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that summed things up. Brutal.
Corey

Alisha Joy said...

Oh man! I hate to be the one that spreads the ailments! Better luck next year! oh and we were in New York . .. flew home for a week and then flew back. Kind of crazy I thinw