Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Joy-full times


Christmas morning at Aaron and Meagan's house.

We were homebound this Christmas, but luckily, family came to us instead! Corey's parents were here for Christmas, and my parents came up a couple days after. It really made the holidays especially nice to have loved ones around, and we were able to spend Christmas morning with Asher at our own house for the first time! I am not a huge fan of transporting presents, so that was another bonus. Christmas Eve day I had asked Asher what Santa would bring him. His reply was, "Santa brings presents. Don't pee on Santa." I was dying over that one. I can only imagine that stemmed from our talking about not peeing on Thomas, Elmo or McQueen (all his underwear characters). That night, we ate some yummy snacks and treats, read Luke 2, sung Christmas songs (chosen by Ash) and drove around Old Town and the Country Club neighborhood to look at all the amazing luminarias (I figured sitting in the car wouldn't be too bad with my pregnancy). I think we will make that one a tradition when we are in town for the holidays. They were amazing. Plus, I have a soft spot for Old Town on Christmas Eve since that is when and where Corey proposed. So romantic! Before we went to bed, we were sure to let Asher put out cookies and a carrot for Santa and his reindeer. Now every time he sees a carrot he says they're for the reindeer. Hopefully he doesn't use that one to get out of eating them.

On Christmas morning, we slept in a little (7:30), and enjoyed our time together opening presents and stockings. Santa must know how much Asher loves trains! We had to practically force him to stop playing with his train stuff long enough to check out his stocking. It was lots of fun and a nice relaxing start to our Christmas morning. A little later we drove up to Aaron and Meagan's place for breakfast (waffles, yum!) and some more gift-giving (again, I figured I'd just sit, be good and hang out).

Corey was able to get out and take Asher to the Aquarium where he ran his little heart out. He's been cooped up for a couple of weeks since he's been sick, so I think it was a welcome relief. We ate, talked, laughed, played games and had a truly wonderful time with family celebrating Christmas. I can't believe we get to hang another stocking up on the fireplace next year!

Leaving treats for Santa.





Asher did get to visit with Santa for a second. Aaron was asked to be one of 'Santa's helpers' this year. Priceless.


Stocking from Grandma and Grandpa Pettit. This thing was actually pretty heavy!


Fun trip to the Aquarium with Grandma and Grandpa Reitz.





A common sight at our house. Ash is quite a game lover. He received Chutes and Ladders for Christmas, and has asked to play "Shoes and Socks" almost daily since. Wow, that game can be a real commitment.



Hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Pettit. He now knows how to blow bubbles in his milk, thanks to a little encouragement from Grandma.

4 comments:

Danna said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I love your cute little tummy!

shawntel said...

We missed you guys too. Looks like it was a great Christmas. Happy Birthday Asher! My favorite picture is of all 4 of you (baby on the way included).

Liz said...

Looks like a fabulous Christmas, Michelle! I don't like to travel over Christmas, either. All the people, hauling all the stuff to and fro...I like to be in my own home. Baby looks good!!

Bella said...

oh....Shell! You look so pretty!!!! That is a great pic of all of you guys. Asher keeps getting cuter! We miss you guys!