Sunday, March 14, 2010

A few things I've learned as a Mom...at least so far.


1. Hot glue guns and/or packing tape can fix anything.
2. If it looks like poop, it probably is.
3. A clean floor is really just a dirty floor waiting to happen.
4. A clean house is really just a messy house waiting to happen.
5. Dry clean only = sits in your closet, never to be worn.
6. I was an amazing, perfect mom...before I had kids.
7. I remember thinking, "I'll never do that..." I've surely done it.
8. My kids look positively angelic when they're asleep.
9. I was never so acutely aware of my own faults and weaknesses as I am now that I have children.
10. Your baby is always sitting on half of the food you thought he ate.
11. Every toy in the world takes batteries. I should have bought stock in Duracell.
12. The grocery store can bring out the worst in your kids.
13. Garbage Day is the most exciting day of the week, hands down.
14. It is instinctual for children to yell, "YOU'RE HURTING ME!!" loudly as you try to quietly discipline them in public.
15. Wipies rock. Not sure I can ever live without them.
16. Being a mom really is the BEST job in the world. And the hardest.
17. Just when you think your kid is potty trained for good, they start having ridiculous mishaps.
18. My husband is a super fun, interactive, involved and loving daddy. Who knew he'd be so great?
19. Most 'owies' can be fixed with a kiss and a hug from mom. Pure magic:)
20. I will never know it all as hard as I try;)   

No comments: