Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Can Say That Again


My boy Asher has the most amazing memory, and I can't help but be baffled by some of the things he comes up with.  Here are a few of the things he's wowed us with lately....


1. Cell phone numbers.  He somehow remembers Corey's, and mine, as well as our home number.  Good boy!

2.  Our address.  Yes, a necessary bit of information for a kiddo to recite, but I'm not sure how many 4 year olds know it so well.

3.  Songs from toys.  Okay, so this is not such pertinent info, but he knows them none the less. 

4.  Entire books.  We read a lot, and so you'd expect some memory to kick in, but we are talking about some long books like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and at 2 years old, I could stop anywhere in The Polar Express and he'd finish the page.  He knew the whole thing.  He'll memorize books from the library after a week of occasional reading.  I'll stop anywhere in the book, and he can fill in the rest.  What a fun little game.

5.  Commercials.  This often comes up while I'm grocery shopping.  While walking down a grocery isle, Asher will see a product and start telling me the 3 benefits of toddler milk, or why Neutrogena is beneficial for my skin, or how chlorox wipes will clean and disinfect my kitchen, or that Dannon yogurt is creamy and delicious.  I could go on and on.  I have my very own walking advertisement.  It's absolutely hilarious:)

Oh, how I love this boy, and his amazing little mind. 


No comments: