Thursday, April 1, 2010

Whirly, Curly Mullet and First Steps.







Baby hair: it's fine, feathery, whispy, sweet and well...babyish. Which is the exact reason why it's I've been putting off snipping Beckett's lengthy locks. The hair in front is stick straight and starting to drift into his eyes, and the hair in the back is beginning to curl at his neck. It's a mess, really. And so, I think it's time for the mullet to go. I know it's time, but ah, those little curls at the back are so sweet. Maybe I'll cut it, um.....tomorrow.

A week and a half ago, he had a big milestone day! Beckett, who has gotten very adept at standing for little stretches of time, decided to go out on a limb and move forward. He took two very slow, very careful steps, then slowly sat down. Yeah! Good job little B! After that I caught him trying it out a few more times. My little ground-dweller is growing up. No more baby kneeling at my feet with his arms outstretched, begging me to hold him. He will be walking soon, even running! The true upside of walking is that he'll be up and off the floor, which is never really perfectly clean, is it? Then there's church. Ew. I know they vacuum every week, but the dark and dirty fingers and nails on Beckett makes me wonder when the last time it was those carpets were actually cleaned. Of course, all he wants to do is move, so walking the halls, holding him for hours straight at this age is not an option, so onto the dirty floors he crawls. Those days are numbered and my baby is growing up. He's now doing 10-12 steps at a time! Sheesh!


Beckett cruising around with his "walker." Ah, independence. I'll post some pics soon of the newly independent Beckett:)

A little P.S.:
Asher had an appointment last week to get a renal ultrasound. Long story short, we were having him checked to be sure he doesn't have a kidney issue Beck has. He was SO excited to go, talking about it, looking forward to it. It was really funny. And he was very still and such a good boy when the tech performed the ultrasound. She said she'd never seen a kid who was happy to be there before. Leave it to Ash to be the first. The elevators still offer the biggest draw though, and in the end I think that was the reason for his stellar behavior. After we came home that day, he built a hospital out of Legos, in honor of our little visit. Asher thinks the hospital is a place to go and have fun...I guess I won't shatter the dream:)

4 comments:

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Too cute! We love the updates and miss you guys a ton!

Danna said...

Yay B!! I will miss that rubbery little boy :)

p.s. Beckett's hair looks exactly like Addy's in the back! Except for I really can't cut hers!

Cheryl J. said...

Cute pics! I love catching up with you on the blog since I never get to talk to you at church :(

Pamela said...

That first haircut is always so sad for me!