Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010!



We have much to be thankful for. Our family, friends, health, opportunities to serve others,
our wonderful country, a roof over our heads, Corey's job, our amazing children. We are so, so blessed. It was a busy, but very nice Thanksgiving holiday. Asher had his first ever Thanksgiving Program (at preschool). He was a little indian for the 'Harvest Festival', and wore a hat he made, and sang a few songs. Then we all ate cookies and treats together. He even brought home a little pottery he'd made at school. What a cutie. He gets into the songs and actions...a lot. I wish my pictures had caught more of that! A week or so before that, we all joined Ash on a field trip to see some petroglyph drawings about 5 minutes from our house. I am ashamed to admit that I've never seen them before(but have always wanted to). They were very cool, and there were lots to see. It's always a nice treat to discover new gems where you live!




Our actual Thanksgiving day was mellow, since it was just our little family of four. I always find myself wondering why I bother to make ALL the normal food for just a few people. In the last few years, I've come to the obvious conclusion that it takes the same amount of time to cook for four people as it does to cook for 20. There's a very strong sentimental part of me that wants to make the food, and smell the smells of Thanksgiving. Then, there's the free-willing, practical part of me that wants to head on out to a restaurant for a nice Thanksgiving dinner and call it a day. Maybe one year I'll be able to push little Ms. Sentimental aside and make a reservation somewhere. Maybe.

Overall, though, the day was great. We watched to Macy's parade on t.v., perused the shopping ads, ate a lot of food, and just enjoyed being with each other. A fun Thanksgiving Day! Oh, but I am still trying to persuade the rest of my family that sweet potatoes are a divine Turkey Day treat. Nobody else believes. Yet. I plan to wear them down over many years, so that eventually I won't be the one to eat the whole yummy casserole, all by myself.


Beckett, before and after. He started stripping down after eating the big meal. Why? Who knows.

1 comment:

Alisha Joy said...

Beautiful boys .. And the food looks delicious!