Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Grade




Whew! Where, oh where did the summer go?  It seems absurd to me to be starting school on the 13th of August, but that's just what we're doing.  Asher was ready and excited to go to First Grade, which makes it so much easier on a mom to walk away from a new classroom.  I'm so glad he likes school so far (heaven knows he's got a ways to go).  I, on the otherhand, could use some toughening up.  Walking down the hallway, and against my will I might add, tears were welling up in my eyes.  I looked over at Corey(yep, what an awesome dad...he likes to send Asher off on the first day too which Asher just loooooves!), and held up some papers over my face.  He just laughed, and shook his head.  It's the idea of another year passing, and my kids growing bigger, wiser, and closer to not being kids anymore. 

  
This year was easier than last year, though, and it helped a bit knowing what to expect. Asher was just easy going and happy with everything going on.  He requested chocoloate chip pancakes for breakfast, to which I happily agreed. Beck suggested we play a game as soon as we got home, so we did, and I'm so glad I've still got another buddy at home.  I realized after we'd dropped him off that I'd forgotten to put a drink in his lunch, so we had to bring one to him at lunchtime(was that a subconcious slip...just wanting to check in?!  Whoops!).  He didn't mind that we dropped in at all, and it was nice to see he'd already made a few new friends and seemed happy to be there. We're so proud of our new First Grader and excited for the things he'll be learning. It was a great start to a new school year!
P.S.  Lunchbox pick of the year....Transformers!  We went through two lunchboxes last year...don't ask me how...so maybe I should call this lunchbox #1?

No comments: