Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend this year was no work at all, really.  We didn't go anywhere...which can be surprisingly relaxing. Corey came home from a week long trip to D.C. on Friday.  It had been an especially LONG week for me, since my very cute but very naughty 3 year old tried me every second of the day. Right after he came home we left and spent the evening at the R.G. Zoo and then hit up Flying Star for some dinner. Yum. I am so glad he's home, and it was a good reminder to my of how nice it is to have a sounding board at night after a marathon day with your kids.  I missed him more than I had realized. I'm so glad he only travels a few times a year!

Saturday, we had a plan set to spend the day with the Williamson clan.  We met them for breakfast at the Fronteir(an establishment in it's own right, if you've never been), where I inhaled my amazing breakfast burrito, and the kids devoured their pancakes.  It was a great way to start the day!  We then made our way to the other side of the Sandia's to hike up on the crest, which was the most perfect temperature and had spectacular views, as always.  It was beautiful, and nice to get away a bit.  We hiked to the stone house again(we did it for the first time back in June), and had a little picnic nearby.  The kids had a great time, and I think Asher was leading us the whole way:) 

 
On Monday, we'd gone through several different scenerios for what our day would hold, but ended up with a simple jaunt to the park, where the boys rode their bikes and played.  Cor and I found a nice shady spot to relax while they ran around, and it was just perfect...the breeze, the sun, the shade.  Ahhh.  We grabbbed some smoothies on the way back home, had lunch and ALL of us took naps. Yep, every one of us.  Too much food, relaxing days. It was a fun, lazy way to spend a holiday. 

Now, on to the rest of September, which ushers in my FAVORITE season...Autumn. Yay...pumpkins, spiced candles, warm and cozy desserts, crunchy leaves, cool evenings, and days full of the waning warmth of the sun.  I love it all!
 

No comments: