Thursday, August 8, 2013

Little Fish

 This summer was a milestone one for Asher.  He can now swim from one end of the pool to the other. What a huge accomplishment!  His different strokes are still in the works, but the confidence is now there, which is so awesome! We went swimming to the West Mesa Pool a couple of times, and after he mastered the diving board there, he went ahead and braved the high dive as well.  It's really high.  I'm not so sure I'd go off of it.  Did I mention how high it looks?  Brave kid, I say!  I'm so proud of him!

Beckett, on the other hand, is enjoying his swim lessons, but not wanting to progress much.  I'm not too hard on him though, because Asher has gotten the hang of it in his own time and I know Beck will too.  It was a little frustrating though, when Beckett wouldn't go under the water in the Wave I class, so they sent him back to the preschool one (boo) where he gets to play all the games and act like animals.  Okay, that does sound like more fun I guess.  BUT, when we went swimming with friends, he'd float around the kid pool face down, no problem.  Go figure.  Like I said, I've learned that the swimming thing comes when they want it to, not when mom thinks it should.  Maybe that's a lesson for life?  Hmmm.  Here are some pictures of my little fishies:)

 

No comments: