Sunday, December 15, 2013

Asher Antics


I also kept track of some funnies from Asher.  I love fun kid stories, and there is just no way I'd remember them all, if any of them, if I didn't write them down.  SO, here are a few from Asher from the past while...

  •  October 6, 2009:  We took Asher(3) with us to the polls tonight as we were very last minute voters.  Asher, in a very loud voice, says to us,"I need to go to the bathroom...my pee is coming out!!"  Oh, lovely.
  • September 17, 2010:  I asked Asher(4) where he thought we should go and get dinner. He said,"McDonald's!"  I said, "Nah.  I don't think so."   His reply, "But, mom...they have the famous food!"
  •  November 13,  2011:  I offered Asher some cocoa today.  His reply:  "Oh, you're such a LOVELY mom."  Hahaha.  I told him he was a lovely child!
  •  November 22, 2011:  Last night, Asher (5) informed us all that English was his first language.  Funny, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a second.
  • June 6, 2012:  Asher told me he really likes doing KA-BOBS today at swimming.  Fun!
  • June 2012:  Asher loves loves loves to watch football and baseball and imitates the sports casters passionately and surprisingly well.  He is hilarious to listen to! It is crazy how detailed his recaps get, and he already understands football ten times better than I do.  Sad but true.  When he's pretending to play baseball in our front room (ahem, no bats or real balls allowed!), he plays all the positions and does the announcer's part..., with a  NY accent out the side of his mouth.  It's pretty good, but I have no idea where this stuff comes from!
  • April 2012:  During an opening exercises in Primary on reverence, the kids were asked, "When we are at church, how should we act?"  Asher's hand shot up, and he was called on for an answer.  His reply?  "Normal."
  •  October 18, 2012:  I found a paper in Asher's (6) backpack that has a picture of a 'love bee' on it.  I asked him who gave it to him.  He said, "Avery.  And she gave me her number on the back."  Sure enough.  Oh boy, he's in the first grade! 
      • January 2013:  Again, Asher is a huge Sport's fan.  For his 7th birthday, one of his gifts was a simple clock radio.  Almost every night, he listens to the sports channels after the lights are out and he's supposed to be going to sleep.  One night, around 10:15 (we thought he was surely fast asleep), Asher came bounding down the stairs, and ran to Corey..."Daddy, we won!   The Lobos won!!"  He had been listening to the rest of the basketball game on the radio and wanted to share the news.  Not a great habit for a school night, but we'll let it slide this once.  I have to admit, I don't know anybody under the age of 50 that enthusiastically chooses to listen to sports on the radio.  Love it!
        • February 2013:  Asher came into our room and snuggled into our bed this morning.  He was talking with Corey and said that when he grows up he doesn't want to work on computers.  He wants to play basketball instead.
        • March 17, 2013:  Asher said the closing prayer in Primary today.  He said, "Please help us to get out on time and please help us to find our parents."  My friend Pamela shared that with me right after church.  Sounds like he was ready to get home asap!
        •  March 25, 2013:  We had an F.H.E. on The Easter story and watched one of those awesome church movies...the one where Christ comes in after Mary is looking for the Savior.  It was turned up pretty loud, and He says, "Woman, why weepest thou, whom seekest thou?"  Asher then blurted out, "Why are they speaking Spanish?!"
        • August 9, 2013:  Tonight we decided to watch  'The Neverending Story' with the boys.  It's one I remember watching a bunch as a kid.  They were glued to the screen and loved it.  But, they couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that Atrayew was a boy.  Both Asher and Beck were asking questions like, "Mom, why is she falling in the mud?" or "Mom, why is she so sad."  I'd correct them and say 'he', but it just didn't stick.  The strange name and long shiny hair was too much for them to overcome I guess!



        No comments: