Friday, December 13, 2013

Beckett Bits

 

Oh, this boy.  He keeps us on our toes, keeps us guessing, and keeps us laughing.  This past couple of years, I've kept little notes on my phone or facebook.of some of the things he's said and done so I'd remember to get them down on the blog sooner or later.  Sadly, it's later, but here they are!



  • August 6, 2010:  My Beck (1) is such a crack up. Our favorite new trick is to ask him, "Beck, what does a crow say?" to which we get a VERY jubilant,"CAW,.....CAW!"  Yes, an unusual choice of animal, but we LOVE it:)
  •  December 11, 2010:  Beck just tried to feed Elmo some bread. "Eat it!", he said, and shoved the bread into Elmo's mouth.  Elmo is on his shirt:)
  • July 21, 2011:  I tried using reverse psychology on Beckett (2) last night to get him to eat his dinner. Here's exactly how it went.....Me: "Beck, I'm going to eat your pizza!" Beck: "Okay, that's fine." Ugh.  I don't have any other tricks.
  • August 2, 2011:  I love that Beck (2 year old) calls his Batman swimsuit his "fatman" swimsuit. Priceless.
  • Oct. 30, 2011:  Carving pumpkins tonite...we cut the top off of 2 year old Beck's pumpkin and he was SO sad. He thought there would be candy inside! 
  • January 11, 2012:  Prayers tonight by Beck (2 yrs old): "Bless ours house to be safe and warm, bless ours house to be safe from a wolf blowing it down, and bless ours house to be safe from dinosaurs running into it". Amen:).
  • June 25, 2012:  While Eating at Tucanos today, Beckett decidedly accepted one of those cute little chicken hearts. Ew. Not sure I should be letting him make such important decisions yet. He said it tasted like....chicken:)
  •  August 16, 2012:  Beck just told me that 'his cheeks are playing catch with the candy' that he's eating:)
  •  October 16, 2012:  I let 3 year old Beckett feed the dog. I spied from the window as he overfilled an already full dog dish, and then proceeded stomp it down with his flip flop to flatten it off. Lovely.
  • For a while, in Winter/Spring of 2012 (age 3), Beckett loved to say, "What are ya talkin' about?" to just about anything.
  • Some Beck-isms (same time frame as above):  fruitons = croutons, watterfoddle = waterfall (this one continues on!)                             
  • He loves to use sign language for 'I love you.'  He'll do the sign with his little hands then give you something akin to a high five with it, after which your fingers fold over his and vice versa.  Sweet.
  • We've put some original spins on getting the kids to go to bed that have somehow become nightly rituals.  Both boys like to get in on these.  First off, running hugs.  This is when the boys (one at a time) go into the hallway outside their room, sometimes WAY down the hall and run at either Corey or myself (we are kneeling, preparing ourselves for the impact) and give us a big hug.  I admit, that as they get bigger, Corey is better at these than I am.  After a few turns each we have to shut it down so they can actually get into bed!    Next, we blow kisses to them from the doorway.  They are in bed for this one at least.  These are not your typical kisses though...these are Angry Bird kisses, blueberry kisses, strawberry kisses, etc.  I don't know how the kids came up with them, but they are a huge hit.  We blow them an angry bird kiss and have to say what kind it is (ie spinning, bomb-bird, shooting, etc) and then have to make the sounds that would go with it.  Then they blow them back and we are supposed to react by crashing to the ground at the doorway.  It goes on for a few minutes, until we are "serious" that it's the last one.  They like to do blueberry, etc. kisses sometimes thrown in...these are sweet ones we catch and don't have to fall down.  Nice.
  • October 31, 2012:  After looking outside and examining the skyline and sun coming up, Beckett asked me,"Mom...where are all the REAL bats?"  
  • December 13, 2012:  He told me that all the animals are in line to hold the baby Jesus...
     
  • February 3, 2013 (Age almost 4):  Beck went to a birthday party and had been given a little sword he'd been playing ninja with.   I had a headache and wasn't feeling great and was snuggling him for a minute telling him he was my baby...my youngest and smallest son.  He replied, "Yep.  AND I'm a ninja!"  Then he hopped off and ran off with his sword.
  • A few days after the above story he'd had his fourth birthday...ninja themed, he mentioned to me, rather seriously, that "he knows everything about ninjas because he has a ninjago shirt."  Well, of course.
  • February 10, 2013:  Beck loves to have the humidifier in his room at night.  Every night he says, "Mom, I need the 'communitiafier' in my room!"  I tried calling it that for fun and he then told me that only he could call it that.
  • February 21, 2013:  Tonight when Beckett laid down in his bed, he told me he wasn't "going to let me down" and that he'd stay in bed.  Nice.  I don't know where he gets this stuff, but I'm glad he won't let me down!
  • March 21, 2013:  Beck said to me, "Mom, I don't understand why Heavenly Father created someone like Darth Vader."  Hehehe.
  • April 1, 2013:  Beckett saw a bug outside while coming in from picking Asher up from school.  He proudly stomped on it (ok, it was a roach, EWWWW) and yelled to me that he'd killed the buy!  I went to check it out and then told Asher and Beckett both that they would need to be the brave ones because Mommy is afraid of roaches.   We walked up to the porch and I told him he did a good job killing that bug.  He looked at me, folded his arms, stood tall, and held his head high and said seriously, "It's because I'm a ninja."  Yes, this ninja business is no joke.
  • May 10, 2013:  It started raining suddenly and hard today and it's been SO parched and dry lately.  Beck looked out the sliding glass doors in my bedroom and exclaimed, "It's incredible!  The sky decided to rain.  Buckets.  Buckets of rain."  Very sweet.  His words are bigger than he is sometimes.  He just sat and watched it pour for a minute.
  • August 9, 2013:  Beck, upon seeing an undercover cop car drive by says, "Mom, look. That police car is hiding his stickers."
  • October 22, 2013:  We were driving to pick up Asher from school today and Beckett said to me, "You take such good of care of me, Mom."  Ah, I'm certain he doesn't feel that way all the time, but I'll definitely take it!
  •  October 29, 2013:  We had some roofers come by this morning.  Beck said, "Mom, one of the guys looked like a pirate, and one didn't."  Argh.  It must be the week of Halloween!
  • December 12, 2013:  Christmas according to Beckett:  "Mommy, I'm going to pray for your voice to come back (I'd been sick).  Then that will make Santa happy.  Do you know that if you're good, you're presents will grow at night?  At the North Pole.  And Santa carries coal in his bag.  But coal is not real, it's fake.  If you be bad, you get presents.  You still do." 

No comments: