Monday, March 17, 2008

The dog ate my book

Isn't that one of those classic excuses? Well, in my case it is now true. Corey and I were sitting in bed when I heard a strange ripping sort of noise coming from the hallway. Dion was 'sleeping' in his bed, as we always let him do in the colder months. His bed is (foolishly) placed next to a bookshelf, which he has never bothered to even notice. That night, he noticed. Apparantly, his reading tastes are of the uplifting, nurturing, mothering sort.

Corey walked into the hallway to discover Dion devouring this book. Oh, and there really was no mess to clean up...no shredded pieces or anything.

He was eating it.



P.S. This book adds to the list of things he's eaten, which includes a sock (whole), a screw, various stuffed animals, a whole plate of Christmas cookies, plastic bucket, and very likely a slew of other things to which we have no knowledge of! Chewing has definitely been his vice.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Ha ha ha!!! That is hysterical! Our dog's favorite thing to chew on as a puppy was a random snowboard strap. They are funny!

Bella said...

hahahahah. Jake eats our books right now!

Stephen and Effie said...

I cannot believe you still have that dog!!! I thought he would be the first thing to go after Asher came just like our cats did after Dallen.

Alisha Joy said...

He He. Naughty puppy!

Becky said...

Oh man. Apollo's list of chewed items is endless. I was the most angry when I bought a brand new pair of boots and the same day he chewed off the heel!! His puppyhood last until he was a year and half, and then one day he turned into a good dog!

Becky said...

I can't keep my mouth shut about stephen&effie's comment. It shocks me that some people get rid of pets after they have kids! THEY ARE FAMILY MEMBERS! YOU DON'T GET RID OF THEM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T CONVENIENT!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.