Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Grass Madness



Happy Easter! Once again, I say that kids make every holiday so much better. We really do look forward to every holiday so much more with our Asher around...I love how kids make everything new and fun.



On Saturday we went to the park for the annual Easter Egg Hunt that our neighborhood puts on. This was our first time, so we checked online to see when it started. They lied. We arrived right after the hunt for ages 3 and under had ended, and were kind of disappointed. I had pictured Asher happily scooping up eggs from the grass, enjoying the Easter festivities.

Here's what really happened: I decided I would just go with him for the next round since the kids were older. Once they started, I grabbed his hand and into the madness we went. Kids were throwing themselves onto the ground in front of us, risking life and limb, and I quickly realized it was going to be near impossible to get an egg. All I wanted was one egg, and we got it, barely. I handed Asher our well earned egg, and realized he was on the verge of tears. I guess being dragged through hoards of candy crazed kids wasn't fun, and he threw that egg on the ground just to prove his point. Poor kid, what was I thinking? It was so not worth it. We did make it up to him by letting him do some of the games, etc. And, later on he did get his very own private Easter Egg Hunt right in his own backyard. I'm hoping that by next year the horrors of his first egg hunt experience are long forgotten.




Time out from egg hunting to spy on the neighbors.


Asher had some fun Easter morning, especially after he started tossing that awful Easter grass everywhere. Ugh. (I tell myself every year that I'm never buying it again) Corey and Asher were having a full on Easter grass fight at one point. Ah, boys will be boys I guess. Shaking an egg to find that there is a special chocolatey prize inside was also a highlight (come to think of it, I like that part too...).


Not even innocent moms watching and taking pictures were spared from the flinging of the grass.


Now Corey, are you playing fair?


Live footage of the Easter grass mayhem.


Church was nice, and later that evening we had dinner with some friends. They took pity on us, and let us come eat and hang out at their place. I didn't take any pics though, we were too busy eating yummy food and chatting. Thanks again Christison family!

Happy Easter!

7 comments:

shawntel said...

Hey Michelle, looks like there was a lot fun and all around craziness at your house. What fun! I think we will all be picking up Easter grass until next Easter. Love you guys!

Tracey Fam said...

Costco was fun! Thanks for the invite. Here is the address of the cute vinyl ideas www.wordcandyvinyl.blogspot.com

Liz said...

I did not buy the Easter grass for that very reason!! Sorry the egg hunt wasn't as pictured...things like that usually aren't though, huh?

Yes, we own and operate three fishing lodges. We do the deep sea fishing for salmon and halibut. I envy you and your 300 days of sunshine. We get over 12 FEET of rain each year. We are literally in the middle of a giant rainforest. Makes it gorgeous and green, but we pay the price for it. How did you end up in NM?

Stephen and Effie said...

Very cute Michelle. I love the pictures about his shoe addiction. Sorry about the egg hunt, that is sad!!

Danna said...

Aww...what a cutie. That little boy just cracks us up and the way you word your stories always has to the point of rolling on the floor laughing. We are glad you had a good easter even though one of the easter eggs wasn't as successfull as you hoped for. It made for a good story though!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Hey Michelle
I am glad that you found me. Your family is darling and I am so glad that you are doing well. I agree that holidays are so fun with kids! This will be a fun way to keep in touch!

Alisha Joy said...

great grass footage! The bunny only put about 6 strands of grass in the bottom of Riv and Diesel's baskets. They got ripped off!