Monday, June 16, 2008

Catch up!

Wow, this past week flew by, and for once I had several things to blog about! I was too busy to do it because of a dental convention that I really had no choice but to attend. My hygiene license is up for renewal again next June, and I didn't have any CE's yet (oops, lazy) and the dental convention is by far the cheapest way for me to check some off fast.



MMMmmm. Peanut Butter Pie!

Corey's birthday was Monday, but the poor guy is finishing off two measly classes for his degree so we had to spread it out. He wanted to open his presents on Monday, since he's one of those guys who still remembers what it's like to be a kid on your birthday. I'm sure I've said it before, but this guy loves his birthday. His birthday is usually a week (or more) long celebration...he milks it for all its worth! So, this year was probably a bit of a disappointment because the week was so busy. His brothers dropped by which he really loved...those boys always have a good time together. We went out to dinner another night, and (per his request), I made a peanut butter pie, which I've never had before, but was good! Next year we will probably be celebrating for a month just to make up for it.

Asher and I had some fun over at Brianna's house on one of the days. I got in some adult conversation with the ladies, and Asher splish-splashed his way through the afternoon. Only Brianna could handle all those kids, their moms and food and water being tracked in to her house all afternoon. Call it tolerant, or just plain crazy, either way we all appreciate the break from the routine! I didn't take any pictures that day (again, lazy), but thankfully Brianna is the most amazing photographer ever (seriously, check out her blog) and she took these gorgeous pictures of the afternoon. Thanks so much, Bri!





Nobody wanted to leave the 'baby hot tub.' Bri filled it with hot bath water and all the kids stuffed themselves in.

We finally made the transition to a big-boy bed with Asher. He seemed to love sleeping in his crib, he hadn't ever really made any escape attempts, so I figured he'd be one of those kids who slept in the crib until he was 3 (I hear those exist). I left him in his room a few minutes too long after he'd woken up from his nap, and when I opened his door to get him up, he launched himself off the crib railing and SPLAT...onto the floor he fell. It scared us both half to death, and so, to soothe my incessant worrying of there being a repeat performance, we set up the bed that night. I was armed and ready for a battle of wills with our little man. I was sure he was going to revel in his newly granted freedom, and escape at his first chance. But, to my surprise, he hasn't rebelled even once! I've checked on him after he's fallen asleep, and the worst he's done is switch blankets, then crawl back in and fall asleep. He even calls for me to come and get him out of bed, just like he did when he was in the confines of his crib! Go figure. What a good boy, and what a relief for me.

Some kids fall asleep with their stuffed animals. Asher asks for his books. Funny boy.

Father's Day gave us the chance to pay tribute to our resident Daddy, Corey. He really is such a fantastic Dad. You know how when you get married, you just don't have a clue about how your husband might be as a father?? It's a total gamble. Well, I lucked out and got a real winner in the Daddy department. Corey is the best, and Asher knows it and just adores him. So, we tried to make it a special day for him with sleeping in, presents and a day filled with good food, which I see as the most important part, since food really does seem to be the not-so-secret way to a man's heart. Hope it was a good day for you, Corey!

Happy Father's Day to both of our own Fathers too...we wish we could be closer and celebrate your day with you. Know that we love you and miss you, and appreciate all the zillions of things you've done for us! Thank you:)


Reminiscing with some older photos. These two adore each other. It's so sweet. Corey's favorite thing ever was when Asher would fall asleep on him. Those days go too fast!

See, I told you it was a busy week.

P.S. My sister Jen had her much anticipated baby boy on Saturday!! We are so thrilled for them and can't wait to meet little Mason Joshua! Congrats you guys!!

6 comments:

Danna said...

Wow, you guys have such fun filled lives! We can't keep up with you! Well first things first tell Corey Happy belated Birthday from us! I tried to get Ryan to call, but he was like ahh, us guys don't do that.haha. Corey and I have something in common, I also LOVE my birthday! We should have one once a month I think. Secondly, we wish we lived closer so we could do all those fun things with you! I love the "hot tub" picture. I would be the first one in there too! Have a good day!

jen said...

The picture of your husband looking down at Asher and he is smiling is SO adorable and sweet!

Liz said...

Cute pictures!! The fun in the sun looks fabulous, and of course I am green with envy. Happy Birthday to your hubby-delicious! Oh, and....a dental hygenist conference? They have those??!!

Stephen and Effie said...

Fun, I am gald you are enjoying your summer. I will too as soon as we move, as of the 5th we will be Maui residents

Becky said...

Nice photography! Love the swimming pool pics!

Jackie Pettit said...

Michelle! You blog! I am so excited to be able to keep in touch with you this way!
Happy Birthday Corey!
Asher is so cute and getting soooo big!