Monday, July 14, 2008

Love Them Box Seats


My boys flashing their VIP bracelets.



Friday night Corey came home with a surprise. His being in the right place at the right time scored him 6 tickets to the Isotopes Baseball game, in a box suite. His boss has part ownership in one of them and was just trying to get rid of some tickets for Saturday's game. What luck! We love going to the games, and the new stadium is the coolest. We decided to invite the Symes family, since their 4 year old Dallin is one of the biggest fans we know. Seriously, this kid knows the players names! He and Asher get along pretty well too, considering the age gap. We had a great time and loved our fantastic seats perched just between home plate and first base. The biggest disappointment was the TERRIBLE Dion's pizza. We will never eat that at the park again. Nasty, nasty stuff that could easily have been mistaken for cardboard with faux cheese plastered on it. I was so hungry at the time that I didn't realize how bad it really was until I'd already eaten it. Ewww. Next time it's back to the tried and true hot dog at the ball game (or maybe one of those philly cheesesteaks that always smell so good when you walk by). That's just about the only place I'll eat one though; why do hot dogs always seem to taste so good at a game?


Asher didn't seem to mind the gross pizza too much.



The highlight of the night was watching Asher run the bases. It's a tradition after each home game to let all the kids run around the bases on the field. We had never let Asher do it before because parents aren't allowed to go with them, and we were afraid he'd get trampled by the masses of bigger kids that participate. He was the cutest little thing down there! So confident and proud as all the kids were zooming by and his shorts were nearly falling down. After passing home plate, he cut back in just after third base to bask in the glory once more. Does that count for two home runs? Hmmm. Unfortunately my camera hated the lights and I didn't get a very good shot, next time I'll find the right setting!


Cheering on the 'topes.


The Symes family taking in the game.


Check out that little runner!

11 comments:

Stephen and Effie said...

the isatopes is one of the things i do miss about ABQ. It is such a nice park you feel like you are at a major league game, without the cost and the crowds. Say hi to Dain and Ingrid

jen said...

How fun that he got to go on the field and run the bases. I think I see a future baseball player!

Liz said...

He is seriously so cute!

Danna said...

Aren't box seats the greatest thing ever? I love it when we can snag a chance to go to the BYU game and sit in the box seat. I don't even like watching football all that much, but the box makes it all worth it! Asher is on his way to the big leagues by the look of that picture!

Pamela said...

Looks like tons of fun. The boys are so cute and all excited for the game

Cheryl J. said...

Would you believe in the 17 years I've lived in ABQ I've never been to a Dukes/Isotopes game?? Crazy, huh? Maybe if I score a box seat some day...LOL

Tina said...

Way too much fun! Lewis and the kiddos, and me too, really miss going to games. We haven't been to a game here yet.

Missy 'n Danny said...

Asher is such a cutie, what a fun thing to do together.

Seneca said...

Oh Asher is darling! I love your blog. I have a blog too but since the baby I haen't had time to update it really. Its seneca-gutierrez.blogspot.com

You still look darling as ever! I love this internet/blog stuff because we get to get in touch with everyone and see everyones kids grow up. So fun! Keep in touch! Love ya!

Mindi B said...

How fun! My kids would have loved something like that.

I don't mind at all that you have a link to my blog. I put yours in mine as well. This is so much fun! After all these years, I love reconnecting with everyone!

Josh said...

I love reading about baseball. That was a good score getting those tickets. Looks and sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry to hear about the Dions but it serves you guys right, you can never replace a hot dog at a baseball game. It truly is the best ever. Thanks for sharing the fun pictures they are great!