Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sixties and Sprinklers


Corey, being a good sport in his duds. I was so proud of these jeans I found, rocks are sewn all the way down the front!

We went to a Sixties Party this weekend, which gave us an excuse to dress up and look totally groovy. The hosts of the party are oh-so-clever with their invitations, and at the party we all sat on blankets in the backyard, played games, and ate cheese fondue and other yummy treats. It was a nice break from the norm, and also because we actually hired ourselves a babysitter for the night, which we have got to do more often. It's just so hard to find good help these days (seriously, we've had many who just won't or can't change a diaper, are you kidding me?). Here's a sampling of the party-goers:


Our hosts, the Salines and the Allens.

Me and Core. The Symes, even baby Julia was swathed in tye-dye.


Gorman's and Amanda...check out that awesome white one-piece suit she wore!


Corey entertaining the Gorman's little cutie.

Then on Saturday, Corey and Asher tried out our walkie talkies, then our new wild sprinkler and had too much fun chasing each other through the water flying everywhere. I was a dry spectator that day, but I did try it out a little with him today (alas, the pool was closed...chemical issues) and it was pretty fun after all. It was a nice, relaxing weekend; we grilled, we played, we went on a date, and I am definitely getting used to the idea of no more homework for Corey.


Our Saturday morning view (every week). You can't help but take a peek outside when it sounds like a fire-breathing dragon is descending upon your house. Plus, Asher loves them.


Run, Asher. Run!


Breaker, breaker....over and out.

9 comments:

Liz said...

FUN! I love themed parties, obviously, and that one looks like a blast! I love the baloons and the walkie-talkies. Asher doesn't look as into it as Corey, though. ;)

jen said...

Fun party. I would have to bribe my husband into going though! What is up with babysitters these days? When I babysat I got paid $1 an hour and I kept their house clean and kids entertained and clean. Sheesh!

Tannie Smith said...

I am sooooooooo jealous! Of the party, and the balloons. What a great idea. The second I read you were going to a 60's party I knew the Allens would be involved.

Stephen and Effie said...

I love reading what you write, are you sure you were not an english major in another life??

J. Anderson Family said...

What a fun time! You two look great! Wherever did you find those groovy pants?
I really miss those hot air balloons! I could stare at them for hours.

Danna said...

You guys are too funny! I was definately diggin' the outfits and bonus points to Corey for being a good sport! Gotta love those crazy date nights

Missy 'n Danny said...

you look totally groovy how fun, do babysitters really tell you they won't change diapers? We went to pirates cove to visit Alisha and her fam and told her we have to plan a time when we can all meet up there, Asher would love it.

Matt and Amber said...

Yeah... Ty is a big fan. He finished the book less than 24 hours after it came out. I loved it though. I thought she finished it off nicely! You'll have to tell me what you think. Take care!

Rachel said...

Those costumes are great! How fun that everyone got so into it! And I have to say that it's so not fair that you still look so totally fantastic -- have you even aged since we were in college?