Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tag

I honestly didn't think I could come up with this many things about myself (50!), but after reading a few of my friends', I found myself randomly thinking of these things throughout the day. The ones I read were fun, so I hope this doesn't bore anyone!

50. When Corey and I watch movies together at home, I ALWAYS fall asleep about 45 minutes into the movie, and then wake up during the last 20, refreshed and alert. I hate it but can't seem to help it.

49. I enjoy gardening, but have a hard time putting in the time for it to really look good.

48. I think Corey is THE best daddy.

47. I have always loved dill pickles. I absolutely detest sweet pickles though. Ew.

46. In college I was a little crazy about getting really good grades. Oh, the rush of getting back a test score!

45. I always look at real estate magazines (those free ones at the grocery store) in and out of town.

44. I love going out for breakfast, but never do it.

43. I love to read, but have a hard time picking one favorite book.

42. I am dying to go to Europe. We've actually talked about going with kids in a couple of years...getting closer!

41. I don't really mind working (paychecks definitely help).

40. I wouldn't dream of going back to work right now. I'd get way too jealous of someone else telling me all about Asher's firsts...I don't want to miss a thing.

39. I love watching Asher sleep. I go in every night to kiss him and make sure he's all snuggled in. I actually used to pick him up and hold him too, but he started to wake up too easily and would cry!

38. When I was younger, I really thought I'd be at least 30 before I got married. I was 21.

37. I still give Corey a hard time for making me wait so long for him to propose. We dated for nearly a year!

36. I love to cook and to try new things.

35. I hate doing the dishes.

34. I have never been good at calling friends on the phone. If it weren't for e-mail I'd have lost all contact with old friends long ago.

33. I always cry at sad movies. (Actually, I cry fairly easy at some commercials these days...blame it on the hormones!)

32. One of m favorite places is Ocean Shores, WA. It reminds me of being a carefree kid, beach combing and hanging with the fam.

31. I think Asher has the BEST smile ever.

30. I love to make waffles for my little family on my awesome Belgian waffle iron (thanks, Corey). I use the scratch recipe my mom used, and we always add whip cream...Asher doesn't realize they don't just come that way.

29. I love hanging out with my mom. We have so much fun together.

28. I think every baby that is born is a huge miracle.

27. I've never been a very adept swimmer. Thus, I am bound and determined for Asher to be an amazing and confident swimmer.

26. I don't mind do-it-yourself projects too much. Corey hates them. I need my own handyman on call.

25. I'm always planning our next trip/vacation. I love having something to look forward too.

24. I love watching the seasons change, but Fall is my favorite. I love the smells, the colors, and all the fun holidays.

23. I burn scented candles all the time. I love it when my house smells good...spiced anything is good (ah, cinnamon!).

22. I love to sing, but besides singing to Asher every night I don't do it much. I secretly love it when Asher tells Corey to "stop" singing because he wants me to. Hehehehe.

21. I'd still do a roundoff back handspring, but I'd be sore for DAYS afterward.

20. I am totally a bath person. I'll read, eat ice cream, light candles, etc. My next one will have jets for sure. I don't indulge as often as I should!

19. I try to be more environmentally aware (use re-usable grocery bags, dried some clothes outside in the summer, and buy some of the "greenlist" products), but I don't recycle (yet).

18. I love chocolate. Dark or milk.

17. I've gotten to the point where I think its okay to pay a lot more for something I really want, rather than get a deal on something that's so-so.

16. I almost never drink soda, and I don't like milk (well, except for chocolate). I love water.

15. I love animals.

14. I melt every time Asher runs down the hallway to give me a big hug right after he wakes up from a nap. Just the sound of his feet makes me smile to myself.

13. I love snuggling with Asher in the mornings when I'm lazy and don't want to get up just yet.

12. I love being a mom, even though I'm a work in progress!

11. I almost never watch t.v. (Do morning cartoons count?)

10. Corey and I are both the eldest child, which, suprisingly, works out just great. Except that we can both be very stubborn.

9. I am a huge baby when it comes to cold water. I'd rather NOT get in.

8. I really wanted a tattoo when I was 19. I'm so glad I didn't do that!

7. I tell Asher I love him all the time. I hope he knows how much we both adore him.

6. I am embarrassed to admit that my sisters and I fought over clothes when we were growing up. How stupid is that?

5. I love talking to my sisters on the phone. I always hang up wishing they lived close so we could hang out.

4. I like watching documentaries. Especially ones about history and archeology.

3. It took me 45 minutes to put my contacts in when I first started wearing them. Someday maybe I'll be brave and get lasik.

2. I am a total klutz.

1. I love rainy days. We have so few here that I really appreciate them when they come!

Okay, I swear I don't have this much time on my hands! I tag anyone who wants to give this a try. It's actually kind of fun.

3 comments:

jen said...

That was fun to read. When I read those I'm always comparing the things that I'm like. We have lots in common. Asher is one lucky boy to have a mom that adores him so much! I'm not pregnant and I still cry at commercials.

Alisha Joy said...

Loved it. So fun to read this tag. you just wait until your kids get into the nick shows . . . I will be walking by and next thing you know I am totally sucked into Drake and Josh or icarley. Good stuff!

Missy 'n Danny said...

I loved reading this, I totally agree with #17 and I am pretty sure Asher knows that he is adored.