Thursday, March 26, 2009

Going Wireless



And I'm not talking about computers or phones. Me and the little fella are now totally wireless. He is breathing on his own, and totally unattached to any oxygen tanks and I am now a pump-free momma. After a little work on transitioning, he has given up bottles, making feeding time a lot less work for me. Being off the oxygen means we can walk anywhere without hooking into another tank. Beckett already seems to love being around everybody all the time and not just hanging out upstairs. It felt strange at first to wander outside of that 3 foot radius that the tubing allowed! Needless to say, I am THRILLED on both counts. He is doing great, healthy and gaining weight just fine...currently at 8 1/2 lbs. Today was his due date, which seems crazy to me, since he's already been with us for almost 7 weeks. It seems ages ago already that we were in the hospital. He's been a real trooper through all of this and we are so grateful to have him as a part of our family. We still have some restrictions...no kiddo visitors, and no going anywhere indoors where there are lots of people. Going outside is okay though, thank goodness.
Sometimes I look at him and think, I can't believe he's here...! There are some amusing things about babies that I'd forgotten about that Beckett has reminded me of...
  • I love sweet sleepy baby grins.
  • I love sweet sleepy baby chuckles:)
  • I love the cute little grunty noises lil' Beck makes. (When you stroke his head, he sighs and grunts on cue, he's very vocal!)
  • I love soft baby feet.
  • I love the way he smells.
  • I love the downy feather soft baby hair.
  • It cracks me up when he tries to eat. When he's searching around, he looks like an angry, one-eyed pirate. Then he finds the food, and he's like a scary, starving pirhana. The urgency is hilarious.
  • Projectile poop. I swear I don't remember this one with Asher. If you're timing is off, watch out!
  • The incalculable fountain of pee. It could happen any time and go anywhere. Ah, little boys. Again, timing is everything.
  • The absolute peace on a sleeping baby's face.
  • I love snuggling with my sweet Beckett. He nuzzles as close as he can then falls asleep, happy as can be. Love it!

Bath time (still with the O2). We're still trying to convince him that bath time is fun!

Since my blogging is lagging a little, I'll just post some pics to do a quick update!



Pics with G-ma and pa Reitz while still in the hospital.



Pics with G-ma and pa Pettit when they were visiting a week or so ago.

My boys...








(This one was at the zoo...one of the few things we can go and do until May-ish. All the flowers are blooming!)






P.S. This is a picture of a beautiful and delicious cake that my friend Melissa made for us...so cute!


10 comments:

Pamela said...

Hey, you are a high tech momma. I am so glad you don't have to pump anymore. I am also glad Beckett is doing so well. Please call me if you need anything!

jen said...

Congrats on no tubes! You captured some amazing pictures. The one of him looking at you and the one of him and Asher on the couch are priceless!

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Those pictures of both the boys just slay me. What a cute family you have. You made it! I'm so happy that you are wireless!!! I will have to come squeeze him some time...and of course you know that if you EVER need someone for Asher to play with, my kids would want him to come over in a heartbeat.

Danna said...

I'm so happy he is doing better and that your life is a lot easier now. Yay for no pumping and no tubes! He is quite the handsome little boy and looks so healthy! Great pictures by the way. Looks like you are getting good with that camera of yours!

Mel Skonut said...

That's so great that you are tube-free all around! Your boys are so darn cute - Asher has the happiest smile (he'll melt hearts without even trying). We are up for a park day anytime you are. Hopefully the weather will be friendly again soon!

Cheryl J. said...

Ahh Shell! I miss you! I love all the pictures and am so happy that things are going well! I hope to see you soon!

Becky said...

Yea!! So cute! I love all those same newborn things..

Bella said...

I can't believe how much bigger he looks, especially the one's with Asher! Awww, they're so cute!! Yea for being wireless!!!

THE KNELL CREW said...

I am so glad that your sweet baby Beckett is doing so well now! I am so glad that we met up again too, it is fun to see what beautiful things life has brought to all my old friends! :)

Alisha Joy said...

Love it!! Can't wait until we go wireless. =) Love the photos of the boys together.