Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day for Mammas

Mother's Day this year started with a special treat...breakfast in bed! I remember as a kid we always did that for my mom, so it brought back memories for me. Asher came up with Corey with a plate of food and excitedly exclaimed, "Mom, we brought you some lunch!" Love it. Of course, the whole time they were getting it ready, I had to make myself stay in bed. The sounds of two boys struggling to make something in the kitchen downstairs made it all the more enjoyable and special. Beckett's gift to me was sleeping a couple of hours longer than usual (6 hours between feedings...woo hoo!), and believe me that was priceless. Asher also gave me a present and wanted to know if there were any more...he wanted a present to. I loved that he kept telling me, "Happy Mom's Day." Little boys sure do know how to melt their Mom's hearts, don't they?
At church, the primary did their customary song for Mothers. Now that Asher is a sunbeam, he gets to participate, which is SO fun as a parent. This was his first time getting to sing in sacrament (there was one other time, but I didn't have him go up and he ended up belting the chorus from our row way in the back...bad mom, my mistake!). He was unsure at first. When all the kids were being corralled at the front, he kept looking at us like are you crazy, you never let me run up to the front. Once he decided it was okay, he ran. I can't say he actually sang any of that song, but it was sure fun watching him look all around and at the kids who were actually singing.
After church we grilled some kabobs and relaxed. Good day, and I am one lucky momma. I love that I get to be one, the good the bad and the ugly, it's all worth it!

Corey and I both have amazing mothers, neither of which we get to be with on their special day, so we are sending out hugs, kisses and lots of love to them. We love you!

3 comments:

jen said...

I agree! The good the bad and the ugly- It's all worth it! Tonight we went to my parents house for dinner and when we got there my boys all got in a fight and everyone was crying. It made me laugh. Being a mom is an adventure and we are so lucky to be on it!!!!

Danna said...

Happy Mother's Day Shel! You are an amazing mommy and your children are so fortunate to have you:) Love you!

Melissa said...

Asher is so brave! Deacon refused to go up front. I'm glad you had such a lovely day - I think you deserve a Mom of the Year award!