Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blessing Day

We finally debuted our little guy at church. We've avoided it like the plague with Beckett because of all the kiddos and germs, and well, doctor's orders. It was also his blessing day, so we had a little bit of family in town too. My parents and Corey's mom were in town for the event, which was really nice, and Corey's brothers were there for the blessing too.


Getting ready.

After getting him ready for his big day, we were off to church. On the drive over, I asked Corey if he was nervous at all. He confided to me that he was only worried he'd say Asher's name instead of Beckett's! It went smooth as can be though, right name and all. When Corey was getting Beckett out of the car, I looked over at him and was horrified by what I saw. Beckett had spit up all over and had curdled, white chunks running down his face and covering his front and shoulder. Ahhhh! I guess he was looking a little too perfect, so he had to make things right.





Corey gave Beckett an absolutely beautiful blessing, and Beckett was a perfect baby up there. Aaron told us that Beckett was just laying there chilling and looking around during the blessing. During the rest of sacrament meeting, he fell asleep, snuggled and kept me warm. I forgot how nice it is to have an excuse to have blankets at church. I am always cold, and now I have reinforcements with me!




Afterward, we headed to our place for an early dinner. It was fun hanging out with family. Asher especially enjoyed all the grandparents and uncles and was really sad when he woke up in the morning and realized everyone was gone. What an enjoyable day we had, and what a sweet little boy we've added to our family. We sure do love our boys!

The family:








3 comments:

Liz said...

What handsome boys you have!! It must have been so fun to have family there to visit, poor Asher when he woke up and they were gone!

Danna said...

I like his blessing outfit. He is quite the handsome little boy! Wish we couuld have been there :(

Becky said...

Beckett is a total mix of the 2 of you. Love your family pic! They always turn out good! Scott and I have yet to get a family pic I love!