Friday, May 15, 2009

Ten Whole Years

Then...




WOW. Ten years is a long time, but it has gone by so fast I can hardly believe it. Corey and I just celebrated our ten year anniversary on May 8th. With a new baby and a 3 year old at home, we kept it pretty mellow, but still memorable.

Later...





My gift to him was ten days of gifts with notes attached, each containing a reason I love him. It was actually really fun to put together and do. It started with an e-mail sent to his work account saying, ...how do I love thee? let me count the ways. There's one for each year we've been wed for the next ten days. He loved it, and looked forward to the prize every day (he even reminded me a couple of times when he didn't get it as soon as he'd hoped...where's my surprise, he'd say). One day we did get to go to dinner and spend the night at a hotel since my mom was in town to watch Ash. I think he was extra surprised about that one.









On our anniversary night, we had a babysitter watch Asher and we went to dinner at Seasons in Old Town, which was exactly where we ate the night he proposed. After dinner, we walked around the Plaza and even sat and reminisced on the bench where he asked me to marry him. It was kind of fun to realize how much we've done and been through together over the past decade, and exciting to look forward to the next ten years and what they might hold. Corey surprised me with some beautiful diamond earrings.... I am not a big fancy-jewelry type of a gal, but these I love (who could resist, really?)!

Now...





So here's to the ten years we've spent together...to our beautiful children, our marriage, all we've been through.... I love you, Corey and can't wait to spend another ten (and more!) experiencing life together.

11 comments:

DA & J said...

Happy late 10th aniversary! May 8th is also Mine and Andrew's anniversary. Wierd.

Danna said...

Your husband is a lucky man and you two have a beautiful marriage. That was such a great idea to do the 10 days of gifts. I will have to remember that. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary with many more to come :) Love you both.

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!! Beautiful post.

Liz said...

Aw, Happy Anniversary!!

jen said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm copying your cute email surprises.

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Yeah! Congrats! I remember when 10 years seemed like FOREVER and it seems just around the corner now. What a blessing to be such a great family. You guys are amazing!

Alisha Joy said...

Great post. Congrats and the ten year mark!! Jed and I will have ten years in June and your idea of the ten days thing was awesome!! Email me what you did. I should do that for Jed!

Bella said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe it's already been that long. I still remember meeting you guys and hearing all about how LONG it took Corey to propose! hahahah Good thing you didn't give up on him!

Becky said...

How SWEET! Happy Anniversary!

Mindi B said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great tribute to your honey. And what a great idea with the 10 days of notes - I will have to remember that for our 15th anniversary next year.

Melody said...

I remember it like it was yesterday! :) You guys are such a great couple. Congratulations!