Friday, June 5, 2009

Asher-isms



I just wanted to write down a few of my favorite funny things Ash says lately, so I don't forget them...
  • "Mom, can I help you water the planets?" Translation: planets = plants.
  • Asher thinks my "eyes are broken" because I wear glasses/contacts. Come to think of it, I guess they are.
  • We aren't frequent patrons of McDonald's, but have recently gone a few times here and there. When we see one, he asks if we can go to "Hop-donald's" for ice cream.
  • We haven't let Asher chew gum yet, figuring he'll just swallow it. He has discovered that it exists though, and if he sees me pop a piece in, he wants to know if I'm eating "dum." What in the world? Dum? Funny boy.
  • Lately he's been talking about all the churches we pass, and always wants to know if they are "the Church of Jesus Christ of Hourly Sinks."
  • Asher found a party hat in his room from his 1st birthday (I know, I know, why are those still around?). He wouldn't take the thing off all day, and once he discovered there was more than one, he went and stuck one on poor captive Beckett. He was so proud.


  • Beckett was sleeping in the Bouncer in the kitchen the other day and had just woken up.
    "Mo-om, Beckett's awa-ake," Ash yelled to me (I was 5 feet away). The next thing I knew I turned around to find Asher holding Beckett's eyes closed for him. I guess he wanted him to go back to sleep. Time out for that one!
  • Asher has just stopped calling him "Bucket." I think I'm gonna miss that one. I think I slipped a few times myself!
  • Asher's response to my asking him to grab me a diaper for Beck: "No thank you Mom, I'm just fine." What a very polite NO.

8 comments:

Danna said...

You have quite the comedian. He makes us all laugh! I can't wait to hear what funny things Addy will say :)

jen said...

Asher-isms are hilarious! Keep them coming. It's getting late, so I better get off the computer because we have to go to the church of hourly sinks really early tomorrow!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Congratulations on your new little one! He is beautiful and I love his name! It looks like Asher is a great big brother!

Melissa said...

Asher and Beckett look like two wild and crazy guys in those party hats!

NatRat said...

Those were some cute sayings. Your smart to write them down, I need to do that. I forget to and then I forget what they said.

Pamela said...

Ah, don't little boys just crack you up!!

Stephen and Effie said...

the diaper comment is my favorite

Melody said...

Hilarious that he would say, "no thank you, I'm fine." As if you had asked him because you thought he needed that experience or something! You are so wise to record all those cute things!