Monday, June 22, 2009

Catch-up

I can't say we have been up to much, but somehow we've been very busy. The boys are both growing too fast, and I feel as though if I blink I might miss something. It's true what they say, that your everything goes so much faster with your second (and third and fourth....) child. So, here goes a little catch-up:

Asher just did a couple of weeks of swimming lessons and loved it, except for the first couple of days. Day 1 was a disaster. He cried and wined the whole time. Day 2 he didn't even want to go, so I bribed him with treats (the cookies he choked on, I mentioned a couple of entries ago). He did get in the pool, but only as an appendage to the poor, patient teacher. He spent the whole lesson crying and wrapped around her neck. I did ask her what she wanted me to do, and was ready to take him out, but she told me I should just put him in which told me she was willing to deal with it. What a saint! He loved the rest of the time, and made a bunch of friends and now thinks he can swim (we've still got a ways to go until he could ditch the floaties for good though).



Beckett is growing fast. I've never had people tell me my baby was a "fatty" before. He is definitely rounder and chubbier than Ash was, and for a baby that was nearly 2 months early he is catching up fast! I love his cheekies. They are so kissable. He is such a ticklish baby! He laughs like crazy if you tickle him just about anywhere (probably gets that from me). He seems to love having his diaper changed too. Beckett gets all smiley and happy, even when you pull out those cold wipies. He's also quite a talker. He'll babble back and forth and have his own little conversation with you. It's so cute. Asher still adores him and Beckett does seem to light up with smiles whenever Asher comes and overwelms him. Brothers. I love that they will have eachother to play, talk and grow up with. To prove his love, Asher has even shared the beloved "Buddies." All of them, at the same time.




I don't think so!


All the buddies.


Beckett's about to get some Asher love:)


Asher baby talkin' with Beck.

5 comments:

Danna said...

You have two of the most adorable little boys ever. I really want to kiss those cheeks on Beckett! They remind me of Addy's and I sit and kiss hers all day long :) We sure do miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. Love you!

DA & J said...

Way to go for Asher on his swimming lessons! I remember last year when you said he had a hard enough time going under the water. What an improvement! And...Beckett is seriously so cute! He does have those adorable baby cheeks!

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

That video and pictures of Asher and Beckett are to die for. What cute brothers. It looks like they are going to be best buddies.

Good job Asher on swimming!

Unknown said...

I love how kids think that they can swim! Beckett is a charmer! I can't believe you were in Durango last weekend! We planned on seeing Thomas too. But of course all we could think about was going home as fast as possible!

Alisha Joy said...

SO CUTE!!! And I have to smile and the thumb snuck in. VANDER DOES THE SAME THING!!!!! I am in a panic he will be a thumb sucker. I feel your pain . . . but it's so dang cute too . ..