Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Go On and Kiss the Girl

Corey came home tonight and told me a hilarious story.

He had a dental appointment in the late afternoon. He sees the Dentist I used to work for full time, and the hygienist(Sheila) I worked with cleans his teeth. Sheila has been dating a guy for a while, and always enjoys sharing the latest goings on. She came into the reception area and called Corey's name. Once he was in the room, she held out her hand (arm fully extended, palm folded, fingertips pointing towards the floor) and stared at him. Corey just stared at her hand, completely bewildered and not knowing what he was supposed to do or say. After hesitating a little longer than he was comfortable with, he decided to take her hand and kiss it!! He felt a little foolish, but couldn't think of what else she'd meant by it. She laughed and said, "thank you for kissing my hand,...now look at this!" Of course, she was referring to the newly acquired diamond on her ring finger. She had been showing him that she was engaged, the way that women often do. He'd missed her point completely and kissed her hand in the process. WHOOPS!!

I blushed just listening to Corey relay the story! I could not stop laughing. He was absolutely horrified and embarrassed by the whole situation. A girl would have caught her implications for sure, but a guy, well, I guess they're just not as into the new bling women might be sporting. I don't think Corey has ever even kissed my hand! I am still laughing about it all. I have no doubt that Sheila will be getting some good mileage out of that story with her patients. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall to witness the whole scene. My husband bending to kiss a fair maiden's hand with a chivalrous kiss. Hmmm...should I be jealous? Hehehehehe.


13 comments:

jen said...

Love it!!!!

Silly Teacher said...

LOL! That is hilarious! Almost as good as Jerry putting his hand on a guy's leg in priesthood assuming it was me next to him!

Pamela said...

That is hilarious! I need a good dentist, who is worth going to??

Becky said...

That's awesome! Love it.

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Hilarious!!! That got me laughing.

Danna said...

HAHAHA! We love hearing story's about Corey. They always leaving us laughing out loud!

Cheryl J. said...

LOLOL Michelle! I've been missing your blog as I've been too busy to do too much posting myself. I love Corey...too funny!

Liz said...

Hysterical!!!

Bella said...

OH MY GOSH! I am busting up laughing!!! Tell him he's such a dork!!! WE miss you guys!! We probably won't be coming out in Oct, Jon might make the trip by himself for some job opportunities, but we'll see.

Tannie Smith said...

That is hilarious. I had to read it to Dan and he says he would have done the exact same thing. So here is to clueless men! :-)

Melody said...

Oh, that is SO FUNNY! Matt will love it when I tell him :D

Melody said...

That is typical Corey Reitz. I can totally picture the scene in my mind and I can't stop laughing. Way to go bro...you never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the laughs, Michelle, I hope you are all doing well in NM. :)

Matt

Alisha Joy said...

I AM CRYING!! That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. I just told Jed about it and he is totally cracking up too.