Thursday, September 10, 2009

Turning 32 and Other Nonsense


Atta boy Asher! Mommy is 23!

Another year. Ever since I turned 30 I had this strange notion that age 32 sounded good...oddly, better than 31. We'll see. The boys made my day special. Instead of going out to dinner this year, I wanted to go out to breakfast, which is something we almost never do. I love going out to breakfast and decided this was my chance to take full advantage, especially since my b-day fell on Labor Day this year. It was so nice! We ate at Mimi's (yum) and I've come to the conclusion that going out to breakfast is so much fun because you feel like you're on vacation.



After that we hit the zoo with Aaron and Meagan and grabbed some pizza/sandwiches at Saggio's. Fun and mellow.

One of the best parts of the day was when Corey and Asher made me a birthday cake. Corey is not one to brave the baking himself, he'd rather just buy one and have it over with, usually. It was so fun to watch them, and Asher loved every second of it. I had to laugh when Corey asked me questions like, "Is canola oil like vegetable oil?" and after helping him for a second, he was stunned when I started laughing because he didn't put frosting in between the two cake layers. It was yummy and oh so sweet of them. When the candles wouldn't stay on just right, he concocted some sort of a support system with other candles behind the cake. Very creative. Thanks guys for making my day so fun!







The rest of these pictures are from the last few weeks, ... fun and random ones I wanted to post.



The day we returned from our trip to Utah we hit the grocery store to fill our empty refrigerator. All that traveling was too much for the boys and they both conked out at the store...right where they were.


Just thought this was a cute one of Beckett at the ward swim party in July. Love those cheeks! He was a good little swimmer, even though the water was cold. Brrrr.




While in Utah, I went to the Farmer's Market in Provo with my mom and Kayla. She brought her double jogging stroller and walked around with the two boys, who are just 3 weeks apart. EVERYONE asked if they were twins. Kayla kept saying no until I told her she should just say yes...it was easier. So, she did and ended up getting asked questions and hearing stories from strangers about their twins. It was pretty funny. Who knew that twins received SO much attention?

6 comments:

DA & J said...

Happy Birthday! Cute cake. Isn't if fun to see our hubbies NEED our expertise every once in a while! The pic of asher in the shopping cart is priceless!

jen said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday! BTW, Happy Birthday! Love the pic of Asher in the cart.

Liz said...

I could have told you that about twins!! I still get the stupid comment s and questions all the flippin time!
I love that pictue of Asher in the cart...mouth open and all!
Happy Birthday, Michelle!!!

* said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are super old. I still have 3 months until 32...we are both super old.

Alisha Joy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Bella said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELL!!!!!!! And the cake is awesome, tell Corn dog and Asher good job! Love ya!!!