Thursday, November 15, 2012

Balloon Fiesta 2012

 
 
 
Does this balloon look close?  That's because it is.  And this is the view off of our deck every morning for about two months.  When it sounds like a fire-breathing dragon is flying over your house, and your dog starts barking, you know a colorful display is about to float overhead.  They are so close, you can wave, and the passengers will  wave back, and of course, they often land at any of the several parks within a couple of blocks from our house.  I still don't feel like we take them for granted, and I hope we never do!  I still run and grab the kids to see them, like a kid myself.  It's just fun.

We headed out to the Balloon Fiesta on a week day again this year, trying to avoid at least some of the crowds. The day we went there were loads of balloons going up for the Mass Ascension. There was also supposed to be a morning balloon glow(something new!), but we mostly missed it because of a mistake on my part. Corey was NOT thrilled with my miscommunication, and I felt awful about it. We usually buy tickets online, and this year it was up to me and I totally forgot, so bought them right when we were heading out the door. Of course, when you do things like this at the last second, the printer never works fast enough and your internet is going at turtle speed. So, we missed the glow:(

We all loved it, as usual. The favorites this year were the 'Lion King' balloon, and the Fireman, and Horton(upside down), but it's so hard to pick when there are SO many to behold! This was our first year without a stroller, which made maneuvering the crowds easier, yipee! The boys were cutie pies, and enjoyed all the craziness and fun balloons. Til next year!




 






1 comment:

Danna said...

We have got to come see this one year. Addy is looking at the pictures with me and is dying over all those balloons. She says she wants to come with Asher and "Bucket." haha! Miss you guys!