Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend


Oh, I do love a long weekend.  Corey had the whole time off, so we had lots of fun family time together.  Thanksgiving Day was busy.  First thing in the morning, we all headed over to Old Town area for the Turkey Trek.  Corey decidedly signed us all up this year.  One thing you should know is this.  I. Don't. Run. Period.  Ever since my very early 20's when my knee began to feel like it was being sawed in half after about a mile, I called it quits on jogs of any kind. Until this year.  And true to it's history, my knee started in about an eighth of a mile in, as well as some strange side-ach-ish pain, but my pride wouldn't let me stop, so I went ahead and ran the whole thing, albeit fairly slowly.  We had to start at the back of the group and had a huge double jogger, so that didn't help our time. Corey on the other hand, is a runner and always has been to some extent, so it was a sacrifice for him to submit to such a running time, but he said we'd do it as a family, so we did.  It was, however, a great way to start Thanksgiving, and despite the pain, I'd do it again. Maybe.  Ash and Beck ran their kids run and had a blast.  Asher takes it very seriously.  You'd think he was prepping for the Boston Marathon by the look on his face at the starting line.  Man, that boy loves to run:)

The main event this Turkey Day was at our house, and we were joined by Adam and Kayla.  The food was great, and we had a nice afternoon.  Kayla and Adam left us that evening headed for Walmart and all that is Black Friday, where they executed a well orchestrated plan and totally scored.  They're so brave.  My family loves Black Friday, and started making it more of a tradition around the time I got married, and somehow it's just never clicked for me.  Hoards of trytophan induced, sleep deprived shoppers thrusting all their greedy hands in for the last object of desisre.  It just plain scares me.  My dad was even shoved down last year, all in the name of dealio on some sheets.  Ridiculous.  I stick to the safety of online shopping, and then we venture out around 9 or so, when all the best deal are long gone and we can shop in safety. 

All in all, a fun and yummy Thanksgiving, until poor little Beck came down with a nasty virus that lasted a week.  We also were able to spend some time with my sister Jen and her family, which we always love.  We were able to finally meet her sweet, new baby, Ella. She's so happy!  Regrettably, there are almost no pictures to show any of our fun-ness, except for our run.



This Thanksgiving I am reminded, as always, how much I LOVE my family.  Love, love, love them so much.

No comments: