Monday, February 18, 2013

Ninjago Birthday Extravaganza


Beckett is now officially a 4 year old.  My sweet (not so) little baby boy is growing up.  Boooo.  Time just keeps on chugging along, the boys keep on getting bigger, and I keep on finding myself with bittersweet emotions as I'm forced to move along to the next phase. Letting kids grow up is hard (as if I had a choice)!

Beckett's birthday was celebrated with parties (yes, plural) this past weekend.  First off, we celebrated with our family on Friday night, followed by his first 'friend' party on Saturday afternoon. He's been talking about his birthday for months now, so having it finally arrive was so exciting for our B.

Friday night was lots of fun with Corey, Asher, Adam and Kayla, and the cousins:)  We had Beck's fave, Macaroni and Cheese (homemade, yummmm), and ribs and fruit.  He loved opening his presents, and received some really fun things.  The first thing he happen to open was an orange shirt, to which he replied, "Oh! I always wanted and orange shirt with a number on it!!" Knowing how much kids love to get clothes for presents at this age (har, har), I was taken back.  So gracious, so sincere, so sweet.  I love how sincerely excited about his gifts he still is...even clothes.

Ninjago was the b-day theme of choice for our big boy, so we had to get creative, since you can't buy the stuff anywhere.  My super crafty and helpful mom sent me over a bunch of paper ninja guys, Chinese dragons and lanterns, which really made the party.  They were so festive and cute.  I put 'Ninjago' eyes on just about everything else...balloons, drink boxes, treat bags, you name it.  I even found an iron on and had made him a shirt! Beck was thrilled with us turning our house into Ninjago-land. It really was a fun theme!
The next afternoon, all of his little buddies came over and we had a Ninjago Bash.  He did great, all the kids had a good time, and the party was lots of fun. We played games:  Pin the Sword on the Ninja, did a pull Ninja pinata in the family room, had Ninjago coloring pages, had an obstacle course for 'Ninja Training', and colored some wooden Ninja stars.   The kids had pizza and cupcakes, and Beck was really excited about his cake...'Jay' the Ninjago guy made out of cupcakes, because Jay is his fave guy.  Fun, fun, fun.  Little kid birthdays are the best:)

Happy Birthday Beck!  I can't believe you are already FOUR years old.  We love your feist, your sweetness, your snuggles and all your funny comments.  We love YOU!


No comments: