Saturday, August 15, 2015

First Day 2015

How, oh how did the first day of school come so soon?!  We have done so many fun things this summer, but there were so many more that I still wanted to do with them and didn't. At the beginning of the summer I was a little short on patience and low on energy (possibly from surgery, new baby and all that comes with those) and had a harder time, but this last few weeks, I was more myself and ready to go and do things!  Ugh.  So, I am sad to see them go back and I miss them even though the house is so peaceful and somewhat tidier.  Dawson, I think, misses them a lot.  He loves the excitement and the noise and all the attention and love that his brothers dish out.  They are just missed.  

This year will be fourth grade for Asher and first grade for Beckett.  They were excited on their first day and ready to roll.  We had a fun waffle breakfast, packed everything up and were off.  Corey was able to come drop them off on their first day (Super Dad, seriously), which they love, and frankly so do I since I'm such a baby after dropping them off.  I love that they love school and enjoy their days there, and recess and being with friends and everything else, but I do not love that they are growing up too fast, that the time seems to zoom by and that I can't do a darn thing about it. So, it's a little boo-hoo for me, and a big WOO-HOO for them, because they are great kids, smart kids, my kids.  Here's to another year of school!  I love you boys a ton.


No comments: