Saturday, August 23, 2008

Emery's Big Day


What it would look like if there were a hundred Ashers in the world. Yikes!

Last week we were able to spend some time with Corey's parents who were in town for little Emery's baby blessing. We had a great time eating, laughing and playing. One new adventure we found in town was the Explora! museum. I'd heard of it, but didn't have the faintest idea of what it was all about. It features a bunch of stations with different science concepts you can learn about. The coolest part is its for all ages...Asher found a place he could play with trains, and there were brain teaser games and light-bending fun for the adults. We couldn't believe it when we saw the GIGANTIC elevator with couches and chairs inside. Asher thought he'd died and gone to heaven I think. Once he saw that thing, it was all he could talk about, and so the obsession with "bellvaders" continues.



Me and Ash in the world's coolest elevator. G-ma and pa Reitz showing us how heat transfers into images on a screen.



Okay, so we wanted to try it too.


The tightrope bike. After seeing one lady try it (and totally freaking out all the while) I thought it'd be scary. Turns out its not so bad. We couldn't get Grandma to try it though...maybe next time?

We also took in an Isotopes Game, always a good time. My favorite part of the night was Asher's rendition of "Charge!"...you know the song they play at all the games. Da-da-da-dun dun dun...CHARGE! Asher was sure we were all yelling "George!" He yelled it loud and clear every time. I think I like his way better. The winds kicked in hard enough that night that we left a little early. Still fun though.


Emery's big day was nice. It was a sweet blessing and we had a good time visiting with friends and family. She looked so precious in her dress and was a very good little girl. Not a peep. It seems like babies always start wailing when the blessing starts, doesn't it? It's going to be so fun to have a cousin close by, as long as Asher can keep his sharp teeth, pinching fingers and piercing screams to himself.


8 comments:

Alisha Joy said...

That bike looks so fun! I want to give it a whirl.

jen said...

That place looks like so much fun. We plan to visit my sister in law there next year so we'll for sure have to check it out.

Stephen and Effie said...

Fun, why did they not have that when I lived there? It seems like we move rigth before the fun stuff gets built, like the Target they were building on the Big Island...oh well. I have never been called to jury duty either, I guess I do not stay put long enough for them to find me.

Danna said...

Wow, that looks like quite the place! Now you've got me excited, so I guess it's time to come see you guys! I would be excited about the "bellvator" too! It looks like fun! You guys are such goof balls I love it!

Suzi said...

Wow, you guys have been up to all sorts of fun things. Cool pics too!!

Suzi said...

Wow, you guys have been up to all sorts of fun things. Cool pics too!!

Becky said...

I wanna go to that museum!

Mindi B said...

You guys look like you have so much fun!