Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to?

...Asher? Actually it was my birthday, and I am now well into my 30's. Thirty-one feels the same as 30 and 29 and 28...funny how that is. It was wonderful spending it with family for a second year in a row. I feel so spoiled! We spent that morning at the zoo, then celebrated that night. The moment of crisis came when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday." Up to that point I guess Asher had still believed that maybe it was his birthday, even though Corey had prepped him earlier telling him it was Momma's Birthday (to which Asher had argued that no, it was Asher's birthday). When they said my name in place of his, he literally burst into tears, pouty face and all. He was crushed. So, in an attempt to regain some peace and quell the crying, we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Asher and let him blow out the candles too. He was immediately grinning from ear to ear. It made him so happy! I guess by next year he'll get it. It must be a little confusing when your the only kid around. I don't really mind sharing my day with him anyways. It was just so funny!

For some reason all the pictures except for this one turned out blurry. Just a coincidence? Was the camera somehow in on it? Maybe we are all the confused ones and it really was Asher's birthday after all. Huh, weird.


Wow, those tears sure disappeared fast. Look at that face.

A couple of the cool things Corey and Asher gave to me was the Rosetta Stone (French) software and "Cook's Country" magazine (awesome pictures and delicious food...must check out if you've never seen it)! I was so excited! I think maybe they'll benefit from them a little though too...I'll be getting smarter, and they'll be eating better. Thanks everyone for making my day so fun!

4 comments:

Becky said...

How funny. I accidentally made our niece feel bad the other day when she blew Scott's candles out!

jen said...

That is so cute! We are in our thirties! Weird! Happy Late Birthday!!!!

Danna said...

That was so hillarious. I have never seen a kid "turn that frown upside down," as fast as Asher!

Alisha Joy said...

Hilarious that the only clear photo was of "Asher's party". I was cracking up. But I do want to give you some attention too. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!