Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mum's the Word

Or rather Mom. After much patience and hard work (ahem) we are happy to say we are expecting a baby in March! I was a little leery of making it known, as I always am, but after telling family, a few friends in Utah, and a couple of friends here, it has started to get less and less important to me that it was still a secret. What's the big deal anyway? The more people that know, the more people we can have crossing their fingers for us. Besides, my body isn't going to let me keep it a secret much longer anyway. Isn't there something they say about your body "remembering?" It is definitely doing that. Hey, on the upside I'll get more use out of those maternity clothes!



We are excited but as always very apprehensive. My pregnancies in the past have proven less than ideal and simple, so we are readying ourselves for the long haul. I have a surgery scheduled the end of next week to keep the baby safely inside (a cerclage). I must say, that I am a huge fan of modern medicine when it comes to having babies. It's a very good thing I was born in the 20th century instead of the 18th. With the surgery, a little good luck, a lot of prayers, a lot of inactivity (in a few months), and my doctor's expertise (I think his mantra is "the glass is half full", a good thing for an OB I think) we'll be a family of 4 come Spring.

Asher's been pretty cute about it all so far. But, I am fully aware that once the reality of a foreign invader hits him its going to be a little less appealing to him. Whenever we ask him what he wants...a brother or a sister, he answers the same almost every time. "A stister!" I am convinced he doesn't know the meaning of the word, and that he simply likes the sound of it. It makes us laugh though. He also reminds us in the middle of prayers to "bless the baby coming." So sweet.

Besides feeling tired and gross for several weeks, and craving salty foods, things have been pretty smooth so far. Now I am looking forward to the better sleep the 2nd trimester usually brings. Bring it on!

22 comments:

Cheryl J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl J. said...

HURRAY!!! I am so excited for you! Any salty foods I can bring you? :-)

jen said...

Congratulations!!! I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope all goes well with your surgery & I'll keep a little prayer in my heart for you. I'm sure Asher will love the little invader. I can see why you are getting going on that potty training!

Life is a Blessing said...

good luck and we will keep you in our prayers, i hope all goes well and let me know if you EVER need anything!!!! we are very excited for you and congrats!! Brandy

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys. Wow, what a blessing. You and the baby will definitely be in our prayers! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella said...

YEA YEA YAEYAEYEAYAYEY! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know I already called you but I am so excited to talk to you! Now go eat some pickles! Love ya!! BTW, we are coming down first week in February!

Pamela said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I will be calling you up to watch Asher.

Danna said...

I am so excited to be pregnant at the same time as you! I hope you have a little girl and that someday we live close to each other so they can play! We are so happy for you. If there is ever anything we can do let us know! We love you!

Mindi B said...

Congratulations! That is so great for you guys! It sounds like it has been a rough road in the past so I wish you the BEST with this pregnancy!! (We have had it a little hard in that area too. First we thought we would never be able to have kids because it took four years to get pregnant, then we experienced 3 miscarriages. It is such a blessing to me to have the beautiful children that I have!!! Who would have thought I would have ended up with 5! Lots of prayers!)

Liz said...

YAY Michelle! What wonderful news!! Modern medicine is fabulous! Crossing all things crossable that your surgery goes smoothly and without any complications. WOOHOO!

Alisha Joy said...

How fun that we're due within days of eachother! We'll have to get the crew together after we give birth and survive the infant period. We have you guys in our prayers.

Melody said...

We are so thrilled for you guys! Hoping and praying that all goes well. Keep us posted!

Tannie Smith said...

Congratulations! We will definitely keep you in our prayers and thoughts! Good luck with everything.

Becky said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! Love ya and totally praying for ya!

Silly Teacher said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina said...

Congrats!!! We are due about that time too :)

jkroper said...

Yay!! It's so much fun and so weird at the same time that we are both pregnant (due within a week of eachother) at the same time!! It's awesome to me that I could catch up to my oldest sister and be in the same frame of life as her at age 19!!! haha I'm so excited to have a cousin for our little Henry that'll be so close in age!! Yay!! Love you guys!!

Stephen and Effie said...

I am so excited and nervous for you. i was just wondering the other day if you were going to get prego again. What are you going to do with Asher will you are forced to take it easy? Please tell me you have help

Suzi said...

Congrats!! I hope all goes well! My sis in law has the same thing as you, where she has to get stitched up. That is no fun, but at least the babe will be safe now. Thank goodness for modern technology!

Laura Meeks said...

Congrats guys!! I'm not sure if you remember me...but my husband Justin is friends with Josh and Jason...and has known Jen for a long time too. Regardless, I was thinking of you yesterday and was going to bite the bullet and tell you how cute your little guys is. Needless to say...I wandered here today to do just that and saw your news! YAY! I hope things go great and I'm excited to hear what it'll be ;0)

Jackie Pettit said...

YAY!!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Good thing I check your blog or I would have never known this! I swear, I don't hear anything! Congrats Michelle! I hope it all goes well for you!

brianna saban said...

i already knew this...cuz i made you tell me on facebook, but reading it again i teared up.
i am so happy for you guys.
so so happy!

~b