Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just Because





This was a hallmark trip to Utah for our little family. We didn't go for a wedding, missionary farewell, graduation, Christmas, Thanksgiving or any other holiday or event, we went...just because we wanted to. We drove this time too, which is something I think we've only done 4 other times since we've been married! It just didn't make sense to pay $800 for airfare to Utah. We also stayed for a whopping 10 days (partly because we won't be up for Christmas anyways) and were able to fit in a lot of fun things. We ate, we shopped, we talked, we camped, spent a night in Park City, and a night away(just me and Corey) at the Hines Mansion. I even fit in a lunch with friends. It was a lot of fun, but oddly enough, by the time we left it still felt like the time had just gone by too fast. I posted a LOT of pictures, but I didn't feel like leaving anything out!

Camping at Payson lake would have been a lot more fun if Corey and Asher hadn't gotten sick! Somehow I was miraculously spared. We rode mountain bikes, rowed the boat, and ate the best watermelon ever.


Playing Rock Band with the fam. My hands were actually a little sore the next day after trying my hand at base and lead guitar. Rooky. Notice the little drummer boy next to me. He ran and grabbed this Fijian drum and pounded his heart out.




Love, love, love beautiful Temple Square.


We ate at The Lion House. Corey always loves to try different Root Beers (or in this case Sasparilla). Uh, Brigham's Favorite was a little strong for him! Pretty funny.


Ash and Corey at the Christus.

Check out that pile-o-steaks. Nice job Grill Master Ryan, they were delicious!


Dinner out with the family. We were so MAD at the server at the Mayan. Doubt we'll go there again, but it was still fun with everyone there.




Ah, isn't little Mason sweet? And I am positive there is a picture of me and my sisters somewhere by this Lion drinking fountain, its a classic.

Anderson fam. And what is it that these three have in common? Answer coming soon.


Hogle Zoo pics. Isn't that donut awesome? And no, he didn't eat it all, in fact those two bites in the picture were about all he ate. The zoo was better than I remembered as a kid.


These two went on the Alpine Slide, and the Roller Coaster. The funniest part was when they were near the end of the coaster and I could hear Asher yelling...I thought he was scared until I saw the huge smile across his face. He loved it. Corey on the other hand was actually a little scared!


We spent a night in Park City. Such a cute town. We went to the Olympic Park, checked out the museum and were awed by some athletes training on the freestyle jumps. Wow. I've always felt a little jipped that I wasn't around when the Olympics actually came to SLC, and seeing some of this almost made up for it.

This was so worth seeing!

8 comments:

jen said...

Now I'm curious about the server at Mayan. What happened?

jkroper said...

that was so much fun having you guys here! Asher is a cutie!! you need to come back soon..or better yet.. just move here.

Missy 'n Danny said...

I agree that you should move here. I loved seeing all of your family, wow everyone has grown up. I have still got to see your little guy in person so we cannot let that much time go by again. It was fun to see you.

Liz said...

I think I love the Zoo more as an adult, too! It looks like a fabulous trip and like a lot of fun memories were made. I love the watermelon picture!

Danna said...

It was so fun to have you guys come! I wish we could have spent more time with you, but atleast we got a couple of weekends in! You guys are in trouble though. You were at temple square and you didn't stop by to see us! We only live 10 minutes from there. I guess we'll forgive you this time though:) We probably weren't there anyway. Thanks for all the good times. We love and miss you!

Danna said...

p.s. I love having pictures with all the pettit girls because it's like, "hmmm...which one of these is not like the other?" Blonde head, blonde head, blonde head, BROWN! It makes me laugh.

Stephen and Effie said...

I do not think we were in utah at the same time, we were there back in May. Food at the Mayan has been horrible the couple times we went there, wierd not going to a restaurant for the food. Too bad you are not going up for Christmas, because we are! Asher really is king of your house, so cute

Matt and Amber said...

I hope you guys are doing so well! how fun for you to see the fam! Give your little man a kiss for me! He is so stinking cute!