Thursday, April 9, 2009

Smarty Pants

Last Friday I received a phone call from Corey. He didn't start the conversation with a hi or a hello...the first words out of his mouth were, "I passed." He sounded kind of funny and I didn't quite catch what he was talking about. I soon realized what was going on and was ecstatic. He passed the NM Bar exam! He was still a little numb and in shock when he called I think, which is why he sounded different on the phone. I think he said he was shaking a little too when he found out. He has been such a trooper this past year...finishing school (while working), having a pregnant wife at home on bed rest, studying for the Bar Exam, having a baby (who he went to visit at the NICU almost every night), taking the exam, and PASSING the exam! I am so proud of him and how he accomplishes the goals he sets, regardless of how hard it may be at the time. Way to go, Corey!

Do you not love this shirt?

The letter from the Bar Examiners came the next day and not only did it say he passed, but that he passed and did REALLY well too. He amazes me. He's been in school for a huge part of our married life, attaining his Bachelor's in Business, a Master's in Marketing and CIS, and now his J.D. and passing the Bar. I know I'm ready for it to be over with, and I am positive he agrees (or at least he better!).
We still need to celebrate though...being under house arrest until RSV season clears (only a couple more weeks!) doesn't leave us with many options, so I'll have to come up with something great in the meantime. We did post a big, cheesy banner on the garage door with streamers for him though, and I didn't get a picture. Bummer.
So, now that the annoying academic weight has been lifted from his shoulders I think we can all move forward with our new family and enjoy a little more. It's funny...Asher still prays that Daddy will have a good day at work and school, so it may take a little time for the reality of it all being done to sink in.
Congratulations Corey (aka Corey S. Reitz, Esquire)! Love you, and thanks for always working so hard!


Super Dad with new baby

14 comments:

jkroper said...

Congrats Corey!! That is so awesome.. I was watching Legally Blonde the other day after Shel had told me you passed and I kept thinking to myself, I wonder if Corey had to do this? lol. Congratulations, your finally done!! yay! We love you guys..
p.s. i love that shirt!!

Life is a Blessing said...

congrats.... it's hard on the whole family... glad he is finally DONE!!! if you need any help for a celebration let me know... i've got lots of leis :)

Bella said...

WOOHOO! .....Beckett keeps getting cuter!!! I hope that RSV season goes quickly so you can start enjoying the outside world!

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Congrats to the whole family and way to pass Corey!!! Good things are on your way. I can feel it. You have endured well:)We sure look up to you guys.

Liz said...

WOOHOO! That is so great and exciting!! On to bigger and better things!

Love the shirt!

Jan said...

That's so awesome!!! Way to go Corey!!!! So there is a light at the end of the tunnel???? I can't wait for Eric to get that letter!

Danna said...

Good job Corey!! We are so excited for you guys :) I bet it is so nice to have your hubby home at night and not have to worry about homework! You have one smart and motivated husband :)

Little Beckett is getting big! I think he is going to pass up Adalee. How much does he weigh now?

jen said...

YAY for you guys! Congrats! I need to get my husband a shirt that says that. We've been through all of that good stuff too and I can tell you that it's wonderful to have the bar over and passed! However, if your husband is anything like mine, I promise that it's never really over. There's always some idea going on in his head. Congrats to him but also to you! It's tough when they are gone so much. Nice job!

DA & J said...

Love the shirt! I should have made one for Andrew when he passed. Congrats again!

Alisha Joy said...

CONGRATS!! That is so great! Tests shmests. Can't wait till we can get all the boys together. Of course mine still needs to go wireless (and I will be copying that blog name when it happens) . . . three more weeks at least.

NatRat said...

That is so awesome!! I bet you guys are so thrilled. Congrats.

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! How exciting for you guys. What a big year!

J. Anderson Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS COREY!!! You really are amazing!!!! You too Michelle!

Melody said...

Congratulations to Corey AND you for achieving such a milestone. Without your support he wouldn't have been able to do so well, I am sure. How nice to be completely done with school!!