Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sworn In

This past Monday, we spent the morning in Santa Fe for Corey's 'Swearing In,' the final step in the process to officially becoming a lawyer. I was going to leave Asher with a friend, but at the last minute decided to bring him since the ceremony was for "family and friends." I felt bad about leaving him when he could be there just as easily. Besides a very exciting trip to Costco, this was our first real trip out as a family! Jail-break! It was liberating I must say.

The kids did great on the drive up and back, which was a real plus. But the ceremony itself was another story. Asher did as expected. He was a typical 3 year old, taking advantage of the situation, knowing full well we'd give him anything he wanted to keep him quiet. Beckett, on the other hand, who doesn't know he can bargain like that, did as he pleased...and he wanted to be fussy. So, thinking I had plenty of time until they announced Corey (which also includes a fellow attorney friend of his, a.k.a. a movant, saying some very complimentary things), I went into the lobby area to feed Beckett. It only took me about 20 minutes, and just before I was finished, Corey came out to tell me it was almost time. No problem, I thought, as I readied my camera. I stood at the back entrance area waiting...waiting...waiting. Then, Corey sneaked back to tell me they'd already done it. WHAT?!? I was fuming mad, and went outside for a few minutes to re-group. After I came back in, I did get to catch the part where he actually raises his hand and takes an oath. I guess that was at least something.


The big moment.


Corey and Nathan (his movant...the guy who said all the nice things I didn't get to hear).

The redeeming part of the day was lunch. We went to this cute restaurant on the Plaza in Old Town called The Pink Adobe. It was relaxing, yummy and fun. And anything followed by some delicious gelato is worthy of doing. (I do love gelato, mmmm.)


The family...Beckett is in the stroller:) And that is Asher's new response to someone telling him to smile.




I am glad I was able to partially attend his big day in Santa Fe. I am also glad this marks the final step to Corey officially becoming an attorney. Congrats again, babe, and I'm SO glad we're done!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations! Big day for you guys, WOOHOO!

Stephen and Effie said...

If you can leave the 3 year old always do it. it makes things so much easier. Congrats to you all

Danna said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you missed the big part! At least you were able to be there to support even if the motherly duties called you out :) I'm sure Corey was just happy to have you all there. Congratulations Corey we are so happy for you all!

Cheryl J. said...

How exciting despite missing the good part of the swearing in...:-(

Aren't you so happy about Corey's accomplishments? And you were right there by his side the WHOLE way!

Congrats to both of you!