Sunday, May 31, 2020

Homebody Report, Week 6

Whoosh.  And just like that another week has gone by.  We're still staying home, still getting our groceries delivered, Cor still works from home and the uncertainty of the next year or so is looming.  BUT, we are doing great, and hanging in there!


Dawson had a fun drive by preschool celebration/graduation at the preschool.  His cute teachers had giant bells, clappers, signs and balloons as the kiddos drove by and we picked up some fun memory books and art.  They've tried hard to let the kids know they care even though they didn't get to do a lot of the fun end of year things normally planned.  Dawson has especially enjoyed the books the teachers read and posted on youtube for them.  He is doing well despite things being shaken up suddenly, and I know he's excited for kindergarten next year!





Beckett was finally able to transplant his Venus flytrap plant that he received in his Easter basket.  He was very excited and nervous (didn't want to kill it).  We smashed it out of it's sterile glass terrarium, separated out the clump into several smaller ones, potted it and covered it with plastic.  We're crossing our fingers it'll flourish because they are so cool.  For dinner this week, he made some yummy spaghetti, and did great! Beckett also finished up with school this week, and on his last day, his sweet teacher made it possible for them all to have a pizza party.  She bought pizza online, and then parents picked it up and the kids all ate together while they were on the computer for school.  When I walked into the house with a large pizza box just for him, Beckett was elated!  To be honest, I was surprised myself when I pulled up to get it that it was a large pizza.  I had figured it would be a personal size or something, but nope!  What a fun and sweet gesture to celebrate all the hard work they put it this year.  It really was a fun surprise for Beckett.  He will start middle school next year and he's excited and anxious about it all.  I know he'll do great though.


Asher is finishing up with his school this week, and after this it's high school!  What?!  It seems unreal to me that he will start driving with a permit in a little over a year, and that he's old enough for high school.  Unbelievable.  He's working hard though. He insisted on breakfast burritos for his dinner night this week, and they didn't disappoint.  Yum.   Ash is really missing soccer and we let him go and train a bit with the Christison's on Monday.  They kicked a ball around, helped Asher with his form, and did some drills, all from a safe distance.  He loved it.  Later in the week, he was able to get together with a school friend and his brother (closer to Beckett's age and B went too) to kick the soccer ball around at the park, again, from a safe distance.  I think that was a bright spot for both of my boys this week!

Corey had a nice long weekend for Memorial Day which was awesome!!  While the boys were at the park, he took Dawson to LBJ middle school to try out riding a bike.  Day 1 went well, and we will keep trying.  No tears so far, so that's good!  Corey swam in the pool with the boys several nights this past week.  Warm days make for great pool temps and we have been in the pool nearly daily this past week.


My week was going well until around Wednesday when I started having some abdominal pain.  I chaulked it up to some digestive issues and didn't worry too much.  By Thursday though, I knew it wasn't that and called for an appointment.  Luckily, I was able to get one for the next day, and it was a virtual appointment so I didn't even have to leave the house.  By that night though I was feeling BAD, and started considering a trip to the ER (which I detest with all my being), but decided to stick it out at home after talking to the after hours nurse.  It was a long, rough night, but after lots of prayers and some Tylenol, morning came and my dr. ended up prescribing me some antibiotics for an infection (symptoms nearly identical to one I'd experienced a couple of years ago).  So far, things are MUCH better although I'm not at 100% yet, and I probably won't be able to exercise for a few days more, which is a bummer.  I hate it when my body betrays me.  Oh, and yay for me, I'll probably need a colonoscopy in the near future when things loosen up a bit.  Sigh.  I'm just happy I can sleep at night and walk without pain stabbing me in the side.  That's nice.  Oh!  I tried makin Ramen this week (so good), and my hollyhocks are starting to bloom!  I didn't even know what color they'd, so magenta blooms were a surprise.  On Saturday I also made a couple sourdough loaves with the new starter and they are great, so I'm excited to bake some more.  Glad to have a happy starter again...or at least one without possible glass fragments in it!


The boys have played UNO, had a sleepover in Asher's room and competed in their new weekly Hot Wheels Racing Cup on Sunday night.  The night they were playing UNO, I could hear them all laughing hard, which makes me smile.  They're such good brothers sometimes.  Piano lessons on facetime went off great, so we will continue that for now.  We are also hearing rumblings of my parents coming out for a visit in a week or so, and we're looking forward to that.  Family visiting from the far off land of Idaho is a big deal!  We're trying to come up with some ideas and things we can do/purchase for a super fun staycation in July.  Coronavirus is killing our ambitions a bit as it seems that everyone has the same ideas for what's fun outside in the summer.  Still brainstorming though.

No comments: